Ruger LC9 owners

This is a discussion on Ruger LC9 owners within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just shot one of these yesterday as I was going to consider it for the warm weather coming. I wanted to reach out to ...

Thread: Ruger LC9 owners

VIP Member

Ruger LC9 owners

I just shot one of these yesterday as I was going to consider it for the warm weather coming. I wanted to reach out to other owners to see if I need to shoot the firearm some more and let it grow on me a bit.

I really wanted to like it, but I did not like the trigger at all compared to a Khar or even a Keltec. I also found it just didn't seem as accurate as the Khar or Keltec. I definitely had a few more strays that consistently opened up my groups. This could be the trigger as I don't have enough trigger time to tell.

Am I the only one having these experiences?
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I have an LC9 and don't like the long trigger at all. With practice my accuracy improved, but the trigger pull is still horrible IMO. The Kahr has a much better trigger as far as I'm concerned. My LC9 has become expendable, and I have decided to sale it to my boss. Just waiting for the money to come across.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    I really don't give much creditablity to the video. 2 different shooters, The KelTec is not a stock out of the box gun, no telling what if any work was done on it, when the refinishing was done. A true test would have been the same person shooting with 2 guns fresh from the box.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I wish I could like it but the bs safety features have me on the fence. I really don't do precision paper punching so trigger is not an issue and it is very accurate for the way I shoot but I still hate the garbage that they added to it like the loaded chamber shark fin and the worthless on a dao weapon manual safety. I will stick to the p3at and LCR for lightweight carry. To date I haven't liked a single slim nine. If it wasnt for the safety garbage the lc9 would be a complete win.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I wish I could like it but the bs safety features have me on the fence. I really don't do precision paper punching so trigger is not an issue and it is very accurate for the way I shoot but I still hate the garbage that they added to it like the loaded chamber shark fin and the worthless on a dao weapon manual safety. I will stick to the p3at and LCR for lightweight carry. To date I haven't liked a single slim nine. If it wasnt for the safety garbage the lc9 would be a complete win.
    You guys all sound the same from the feed back I have been hearing. It seems the only people who are really liking this gun are Ruger fan boys. For me as with any gun, I like a good trigger if possible.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I bought a Kel Tec PF9. It does not have the manual safety, the magazine disconnect, nor the loaded chamber indicator. Just a good 5 to 6 pound DAO trigger pull. It is a little snappy but I did not buy it for a range gun. Archer, if you watched the entire video there were 4 shooters not two. And yes, the PF9 was special made so I am sure that it was fluffed and buffed. The LC9 was a range gun at the range that they were shooting at and had been shot a lot, so it would have been smooth from firing. All four shooters had trouble with consistency with the LC9. None of them dinged the LC9 hard except for the Kel Tec rep and he dinged anything that had a manual safety for CCW and the trigger pull. Biased, maybe a little but it was a lot more fair than many side by side reviews that I have seen.

Hated mine at first but i got 500 assorted flawless rounds through it.I finally got used to the trigger pull.At first i was shootin way low and left.I let a friend shoot it and his second clip he had a 7 round 2"group @ 10 yds.That made me want to learn how to shoot it,Which i think improved my overall trigger control.That long pull magnify mistakes.and because the trigger is longer you have to give a consistent squeeze which becomes natural after time.I wouldn't sale mine for 700.

I remember in a previous thread you had removed your magazine disconnect safety.How did that work out?How did it affect the trigger pull? I have owned several sigle stack 9mm's myself.I actually like this one.

Yes, i has a long trigger but a short reset!

I like mine, no issues and easy to carry.

Lateck,
    Proud Ruger & SIG owner, in the Free State of Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Walk Soft View Post
    I remember in a previous thread you had removed your magazine disconnect safety.How did that work out?How did it affect the trigger pull? I have owned several sigle stack 9mm's myself.I actually like this one.
    I did and it made the trigger much better. I will get the trigger scale on it and let you know. But I still can't like this even when I try so hard because if the other safety bs. I have buyers remorse

LC9

I did and it made the trigger much better. I will get the trigger scale on it and let you know. But I still can't like this even when I try so hard because if the other safety bs. I have buyers remorse
    The safety's don't bother me (other than the mag disconnect).I just bought a gen 4 g26 and added a .25 trigger job,ghost rocket trigger connector and a comp. spring kit and a CT laserguard and i still find myself grabbing the LC9 when i head out the door.It's just so easy to carry i guess and beleive it or not i'm more accurate with the LC9(now).If you could measure the trigger pull now that would be great as i know what it is now.Thank You.

I finally got a chance to shoot this pistol the other day and I have to say I was a little disappointed with it. I expected the trigger pull to be long on a DAO gun but this was just too much. When I took my time with it the gun was very accurate and I'm sure I could get used to the trigger over time, maybe. Other things that bothered me a little were the thumb safety that pivots from the front (?) and the garish looking loaded chamber indicator. I'm not sure why Ruger even put a manual safety on this pistol, probably to soothe some lawyer's conscience. It's certainly not needed on this type of gun. As far as the LCI goes, could they have made it any worse looking? I know Ruger has always been politically correct to the point of overkill but this is just too much. The next thing you know they'll have a big fluorescent arrow at the muzzle stating ' Bullet Exits Here." Unbelievable.

Anyway, I think Ruger missed the mark with this pistol. If they had just followed the design of the LCP and adapted that to the 9mm cartridge they probably would have had the best mini 9mm on the market. Oh well, the search goes on...

Links