Can it be? Tangle with a Kimber Pro Carry?? pic heavy - Supplemental in OP - Page 3

Can it be? Tangle with a Kimber Pro Carry?? pic heavy - Supplemental in OP

This is a discussion on Can it be? Tangle with a Kimber Pro Carry?? pic heavy - Supplemental in OP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by clarkston_cz How is that Kimber working out for you? With that looming (the dems will never stop ) AWB ahead of us. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Can it be? Tangle with a Kimber Pro Carry?? pic heavy - Supplemental in OP

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkston_cz View Post
    How is that Kimber working out for you?

With that looming (the dems will never stop ) AWB ahead of us.
    Even though I hate the idea of no more hi-cap mags for most of us.

I think that more people will be going to single stacks and revolvers.
    I love it. Haven't had the first problem with it. Because it works so well, I now have 8 Kimbers.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

I just bought me a Kimber stainless pro carry 2. Off GB. I hope it works as well as yours.

My Kimber Pro Carry 2 has been 100% flawless from round 1. No break in BS for me. It just goes bang every time. The accuracy is ridiculous (pic was 35 rounds from 7 yards offhand)
    Attached Images
    Tangle likes this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

My sister has the ultra cdp, and it has never had a ftf , and it is very accurate. She has had her cdp for about 12 years.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Hunter View Post
    My sister has the ultra cdp, and it has never had a ftf , and it is very accurate. She has had her cdp for about 12 years.
    That doesn't surprise me one little bit! That's the same experience I've had with every one of my Kimbers.

Tangle,

Having seen some of your other posts and your shooting, I am 100% confident in saying that the gun had squat to do with it and you are just setting people up for disappointment with the Kimber and all the problems they have!

In all seriousness, as QKS stated it is good to see that many of the previously mentioned issues may be worked out. Additionally, thanks for the attention to detail in the FPB. After hearing all the hullabaloo about the series 80 vs 70 etc it was a concern, but knowledge seems to help combat that, and improve function! Who woulda thought?

Glad you like it. After my very limited experience with my 1 1911, the first 50-100 rds were a break in period as well. Since then, 400 flawless rounds. You going to be carrying the Kimber?
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Tangle,

Having seen some of your other posts and your shooting, I am 100% confident in saying that the gun had squat to do with it and you are just setting people up for disappointment with the Kimber and all the problems they have!
    Well that is certainly kind, but the gun does have a lot to do with it. I shoot standard drills repeatedly. I have never shot any handgun as well as I shoot a Kimber.

But, good point, buying a Kimber doesn't mean everyone will be able to shoot it as well as the next person.

...In all seriousness, as QKS stated it is good to see that many of the previously mentioned issues may be worked out. Additionally, thanks for the attention to detail in the FPB. After hearing all the hullabaloo about the series 80 vs 70 etc it was a concern, but knowledge seems to help combat that, and improve function! Who woulda thought?
    I have 8 Kimbers. I don't see any issues with them, with one exception. My last Kimber a Gold Combat, would partially engage the thumb safety in recoil if I didn't use a thumb-riding-the-safety grip. I called Kimber, they said it shouldn't do that, sent me a UPS shipping label, will fix the anomaly, and ship it back, all at no cost to me.

...Glad you like it. After my very limited experience with my 1 1911, the first 50-100 rds were a break in period as well. Since then, 400 flawless rounds. You going to be carrying the Kimber?
    I carry a Kimber of some kind a lot! I am a hopeless rotator though. After I carry a gun type for a while, I want to carry something else just for a change. I typically rotate between a Kimber and a Glock 17 gen 4 or G34 gen 4.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links