1911 Auto Safety Fast Shooting - Page 3

1911 Auto Safety Fast Shooting

This is a discussion on 1911 Auto Safety Fast Shooting within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL Yeah man, I don't see that happening, I don't think you can do the Paul Senior (think American Choppers). Don't tempt ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 1911 Auto Safety Fast Shooting

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    Yeah man, I don't see that happening, I don't think you can do the Paul Senior (think American Choppers).
    Don't tempt me. But I'd need the tats and "guns" to complete the look. I have neither.

And yes, Jwhite is correct. Not many cops at all are gun guys.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Ok, then I challenge you to watch the cylinder and slide video I posted, and go for that one.

In that video, the guy said that it adds an extra safety against dropping the weapon. Since you got to play with one, did this gizmo seem to effect the trigger at all?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    Ok, then I challenge you to watch the cylinder and slide video I posted, and go for that one.

In that video, the guy said that it adds an extra safety against dropping the weapon. Since you got to play with one, did this gizmo seem to effect the trigger at all?
    I don't know how the trigger was before the install, but the trigger was very light and crisp. About as nice as any good quality 1911 out there.
    "Just blame Sixto"

It seems like having to lower the hammer by hand when a round is chambered is much more difficult than simply sliding the safety on with one's thumb. Most people would require two hands to drop the hammer where as the originally designed safety requires only one hand in most cases to operate. (unless your a lefty and have a standard right hand safety).

I can't see where this is going to make much progress, solutions to problems that didn't exist tend to fade pretty quickly.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Definitely pretty nifty. But, let's all keep in mind that 'nifty' does not mean 'necessary'.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post

And yes, Jwhite is correct. Not many cops at all are gun guys.
    When I hadnt been in this line of work very long at all I came across a small town officer who was thr acting chief of a 4 man dept. He was college educated and very savvy and forward thinking. I asked him one day just being inquisitive what caliber and model his Glock was. His reply was "I dunno I wouldnt even have one if they didnt make me wear it as a part of my job."

Talk about throwing this greenhorn for a loop...That is the kind of cop you dont want having a C and L 1911
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links