Para 1911

This is a discussion on Para 1911 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have any experience with this particular weapon Para USA, High-Quality Handguns: GI Expert ? Many comments in threads seem to shy away from the ...

Thread: Para 1911

Para 1911

Anyone have any experience with this particular weapon Para USA, High-Quality Handguns: GI Expert ?

Many comments in threads seem to shy away from the non major manufactures. Para is made in the U.S.A. which is a big plus for me. I would value the pros and cons of this gun and manufacturer.

Mike
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Oh boy, here we go again ;-)

I'll attempt to summarize with the general truth that every manufacturer will occasionally drop a lemon, and the victim will hate the brand forever more.

That said, the Para Kote finish tends to not last well. If I were to go Para, I'd go stainless. Mechanically, the standard 1911's tend to be some of their better platforms. As always "caveat emptor", or as we say down south, "you lays your money down and you takes your chances".

I have no personal experience with this gun but one of my shooting buddies just got one and it's been fine so far. It's a good looking 1911 specimen.

VIP Member
    I would run from para 1911's. I have not owned one, but I have had a couple buddies that owned them. They were jammomatics when I shot them. This may have been fixed over the years, but It was enough to make me not consider buying one.

They had an old saying that used to crack me up.

"Don't just buy one Para because you will need a Para of them so you can shoot while the other one is broken"
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Well, I learned two good sayings
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Links