Hammer v. Striker - Page 3

Hammer v. Striker

This is a discussion on Hammer v. Striker within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have both and have owed additional examples of both. I like hammer-fired better. Both can be dependable with good maintenance and lubrication but hammer-fired ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Hammer v. Striker

I have both and have owed additional examples of both. I like hammer-fired better. Both can be dependable with good maintenance and lubrication but hammer-fired appeals to me as the more reliable.

Also: What HotGuns says!

Mopar it is. The Earth's rotation is powered by a 440 V8.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    This is one of my all time favorite posts here. I love the "nice clean trigger that breaks like a glass rod" part. Pure poetry. No kidding I had to get to the range after reading this, the quote danced in my head as I shot my Sig.

Thanks.
    This post made me laugh. I first thought HotGuns was joking, but I realize he is serious. This post is wrong not because of a difference of opinion, just because he speaks in such absolutes.
    Not all hammer fired guns have better triggers - thats absurd. I would also be willing to bet there are just as many elite units using striker fired guns and hammer fired guns. Seals draw and shoot their SIG's double action, and de-cock when they move, every time.

The Unwashed, uneducated comment comes right out of the mall ninja handbook. - Wow.

Senior Moderator
    I first thought HotGuns was joking, but I realize he is serious.
    Am I?
    The Unwashed, uneducated comment comes right out of the mall ninja handbook.
    Of course it does. You'd get tired of reading the same ole stuff wouldnt you?

I would also be willing to bet there are just as many elite units using striker fired guns and hammer fired guns.
    Nah.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

O.K. you got me. But in my defense, I spent the morning dealing with stupid people.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Obviously everyone prefers hammers; that's why Glocks are so popular.

Did I get that right?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Senior Moderator
    No. Glocks are popular because Bruce Willis used one on TV when they first came out. That movie was a hit, and Glock sales surged.Now, that's all you see on TV. Unless you are dealing with specialized units like NCIS or the FBI shows where they all use Sigs.

They are popular because they work well and they are fairly cheap. They are accurate...well, as accurate as they can be with that ratty trigger. They appeal to people that are too lazy to train, all you have to do is to remember to keep your finger off the trigger. If the Glock had a trigger like a finely tuned Colt, it would be the most popular gun ever designed.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member
    Speaking in absolutes - this is precisely why I loved it. In sort of a "there it is, have a nice day" sort of polite attitude.

Do I agree with it all, I dunno. I can still like it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links