Hi Points

This is a discussion on Hi Points within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by WHEC724 So true... We were way overdue for another Hi-point thread. I think SIXTO was missing them too. I missed it like ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Hi Points

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    So true... We were way overdue for another Hi-point thread. I think SIXTO was missing them too.
    I missed it like Hillary misses her warts.
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member

wow, you mean.....uhh.....nope, I won't mention anything in reference to her husband and interns
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Senior Moderator
    Come on Sixto...I'll bet you have one in your trunk for "emergencies".

Its probably right there by your spare cuffs.

I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Come on Sixto...I'll bet you have one in your trunk for "emergencies".

Its probably right there by your spare cuffs.

you mean the pink ones?
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

--G.W. McClintock

Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    yeah, but its the customization of the putting the sights on the right side of the slide for the gangsta grip that he needs the extra money for

I had a Hipoint 9c pistol, shot accurate, didn't like grip/feel, didn't like the fact that the mag release would activate in a holster too easily, or sometimes when out on the range
    I quickly sold it and got my wife her XD9c, but now she carries a G26

I acquired a Hipoint 9 carbine a few months ago......still siting in the back room, haven't even shot it yet.....isn't that ridiculous?, maybe I'll clean it up and take it when I take the son to the range in a couple of weeks after school is out, will need to do range report with his new Remington 597 .22 and my SKS both recently acquired
    I didn't say they were the greatest. Just that they were good enough and cheap enough to have extras for the price of just one other make gun. The feel of the c9 is heavy, bulky. But keeps going "Bang!" And that is what counts.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whodog View Post
    I didn't say they were the greatest. Just that they were good enough and cheap enough to have extras for the price of just one other make gun.
    I wasn't referring to what you said and wouldn't argue it anyway, I was just telling of my personal experience

.....and I was joking about the guy needing the extra money to put the sights on the side of the slide so that when he holds the gun sideways, a la 'gangsta' style he'll have some sights...was merely joke in reference to the guy pictured robbing the place and had absolutely no reference to any of your posts concerning the merits of a hipoint
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

--G.W. McClintock

HiPoimts are ugly, top heavy, and have crappy triggers. They are also reliable and accurate. They may not impress your friends, but will make very deep and lasting impressions on paper targets or bad guys.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

I have two Hi-Point guns. One is the 4095 carbine with the old Planet of the Apes stock and it shoots fantastic!
    The other is a C9 pistol, currently in pieces in a box in my safe. I have been meaning to send it in for repairs/replacement (layers of metal peeling away from firing pin channel), but never seem to get to FedEx or UPS with it.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I always wanted a Berretta 9mm Carbine but the cost was high for something that didn't fill a need. So did something I rarely do, I spent some money on a "toy". I bought a Highpoint 9mm carbine and put it in an ATI aftermarket stock. It's shot anything I put through it and it's perfectly reliable. I've never cleaned it. I mean, never. After 600 -700 rounds it's still runs perfectly. It's accurate and the trigger isn't as bad as you'd think it would be. No recoil, fun as all get out to shoot. Only thing I don't like is it won't lock back after the last round but neither did my Ruger LCP and the magazines are the weak link of the whole set up. They're low quality. I bough two extras and neither would function. But I called and in a few days I have two new ones that did.

I'd always recommend to someone that they save a bit longer for a self defense gun but frankly they're a simple design and you never read bad about the carbines.

The new carbine is almost good looking to boot!

Gideon

As a Texas CHL instructor I have seem maybe 10 or 12 come thru class during our over 5,000 student history. Although a couple did actully run, most did not! I would say to someone who is thinking of buying one, "what is your life worth?" For another $100 to $200 you can buy a nice wheel gun and maybe even a good used Glock or XD. Just my .02 cents!
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridgeline View Post
    As a Texas CHL instructor I have seem maybe 10 or 12 come thru class during our over 5,000 student history. Although a couple did actully run, most did not! I would say to someone who is thinking of buying one, "what is your life worth?" For another $100 to $200 you can buy a nice wheel gun and maybe even a good used Glock or XD. Just my .02 cents!
    A wheel gun is better gun, any time, anywhere.
    Go with the glow

oh, what a hot topic. i do carry a c9, and have for about a year now, i do hate the heftyness of it. i have had some problems with it not feeding properly, witch i found it to be the clips, only put 7 in it and it works like a charm. but on a nother note i am trying to convert to glock.

I got mine in the ugly green color.... but, 500 plus rounds of trouble shooting cannot be beat. I do not carry it, but have fun shooting stumps and tin cans. I tend not to bring it to the range much... people get kinda envious Bunker
    Attached Images
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

VIP Member
    Thought I'd never be curious enough to look up Hi-Point in the table of contents in Jerry's wholesale catalog. Here it is...184.95 black 45 with laser, 119.95 w/o. The 380 is 89.95. By the looks of 'em I'd be afraid I might grab my Dewalt nail gun by mistake.

DeWalt nail gun.jpg
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

I have a C9 and it is one of the most reliable guns i own. It comes with one mag. and very easy to clean. If ANYTHING, EVER goes wrong with it all i have to is send it in for repairs and Hi-Point will fix it and pay for shipping AND send me a new mag for my trouble. Thats a great warranty. I also just bought a 4095 TS which is a great gun too. Resellers can't keep them in stock. if you ever want to buy extra mags, laser sights, or anything else for them through Hi-Point.com its cheap and free shipping. If I want an extra mag for my S&W i am looking at $40-$60, Hi-Point is $18. It is a great gun and i only bought it orig cause they were being compared to Glocks.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links