Glock 26 vs Ruger sr9c (poll)

This is a discussion on Glock 26 vs Ruger sr9c (poll) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; +1 for g26!...

View Poll Results: Ruger sr9c or Glock 26?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • i think the Glock 26 is the better choice

196 63.84%
  • i think the Ruger sr9c is the better choice

111 36.16%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Glock 26 vs Ruger sr9c (poll)

+1 for g26!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    Which one do you shoot better?

I'd start with that one.

Sure, a pistol may feel better "in-hand" than another, but will that actually carry through to your shooting? It may, or it may not, and there's only one way to find out.

Other than that, you've already cited your main dislikes for the Ruger - you can take out the magazine disconnect if you wanted to, quite easily, but as for the thumb safety, that's something that you'll have to choose whether or not you'll want to engage.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Not everyone replying owns both, but I do. I am a huge fan of the Glock 26, but I have to admit, in my opinion at least, the Ruger SR9c wins in several categories.
    First, for whatever reason, I find the Ruger to be more accurate, or at least I shoot it more accurately than the Glock.
    The ruger is thinner and feels more comfortable in my hand.
    Both guns have been 100% reliable
    I find the Ruger trigger to be lighter than the Glock's trigger.
    For me, the Ruger has more "fun factor" when practicing than the Glock, causing me to want to shoot it more.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Glock 26, no contest. There is no comparison.
    LoneWolf26 likes this.

I vote for the SR9c. I have one and love it. Not knocking the glocks but they just don't fit my hand well.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

i voted glock, glock in my opinion is more reliable. although sr9c isnt too bad....for now but it doesnt have the track record of the glock 26 u wont regret it...

I didn't vote in the poll. I feel my vote would be too biased. I did enjoy reading previous replies however.
    Your mind is the best thing you have to rely on. Asking for others' opinions only means you have a weakness in some area. Stick with your gut feeling and you'll have less to worry about.
    C hawk Glock and Chevyguy85 like this.

Out of 3 Glocks, 3 HKs, 1 Kahr and 1 Sig... The Glock 26 is my most accurate pistole.

Glock 26. Nothing bad to say about the Ruger. Honestly either one will do just fine.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

I have to agree that you should shoot both if you can and then come to your own conclusions. I recently purchased a Gen 4 Glock 26 and am very happy with it so far. Both are great guns though.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    i've shot both.. I like the Ruger better... It is more controllable IMHO
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Quote Originally Posted by Spec View Post
    i've shot both.. I like the Ruger better... It is more controllable IMHO
    hey spec, have you had any problems with or heard anything regarding the sr9c being prone to light primer strikes or the trigger failing to reset..seems some sr9c owners had this problem,atleast with first production runs?

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    I vote for the SR9c. I have one and love it. Not knocking the glocks but they just don't fit my hand well.
    I'll agree 100%
    I have owned Glocks (but traded them in on SIG's and Ruger's)

It's about feel... My SR9c is my most favored handgun!

As for light primer strikes; Yes, some early one's had a shorter spring and has been fixed.

Lateck,
    Proud Ruger & SIG owner, in the Free State of Arizona

SR9C

Glock is sweet. So is the SR9C. I have about 300 rounds through my Ruger, and it never fails to put a smile on my face. Two things sold me on this gun right in the gunshop...#1 was the trigger which I tried next to both Glock and XDm. #2 was the very thin profile that beats most of the popular carry guns. Finally, for less that $400 and knowing the trigger was good, I took a chance and bought it (without researching the crap out of it like I usually do). Very happy with this gun. Very.

Oh, not ONE SINGLE failure in 300 rounds, with a number of loads. The cool thing is that the brass all falls in a pile about the size of a large computer monitor...this indicates to me consistency in extraction at the very least. I shoot this thing very accurately. It isn't going to rival a good 1911, but let's remember that this is a compact with a combat type trigger. I do like the glocks, but Ruger has a winner here and the comparison is very fair and the question is a good one. Considering everything, I take the Ruger over the Glock, but if the price were the same, the choice would be tough.

Not everyone replying owns both, but I do. I am a huge fan of the Glock 26, but I have to admit, in my opinion at least, the Ruger SR9c wins in several categories.
    First, for whatever reason, I find the Ruger to be more accurate, or at least I shoot it more accurately than the Glock.
    The ruger is thinner and feels more comfortable in my hand.
    Both guns have been 100% reliable
    I find the Ruger trigger to be lighter than the Glock's trigger.
    For me, the Ruger has more "fun factor" when practicing than the Glock, causing me to want to shoot it more.
    A couple weeks ago I was shooting steel with a friend's gen3 G19, thinking I might like to buy one. I've shot one before, and it's still a gun I'd like to have one day. That day, though, I was surprised how poorly I shot it. I emptied a mag with only one target hit. I switched to my SR9c and immediately knocked down five steel targets in a row. I think maybe the ruger carries more weight in the slide, helping accuracy with less than perfect trigger control.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links