Glock 26 vs Ruger sr9c (poll)

This is a discussion on Glock 26 vs Ruger sr9c (poll) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; G26......

View Poll Results: Ruger sr9c or Glock 26?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • i think the Glock 26 is the better choice

196 63.84%
  • i think the Ruger sr9c is the better choice

111 36.16%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Glock 26 vs Ruger sr9c (poll)

South Florida, a Third World Country with Modern Conveniences
    G26...

2. Remove Ads

I have a Ruger SR9c, and my son, who is an LEO, has a Glock 26. We both shoot the SR9c better. The Glock is a fine pistol, but that is our experience.

I own the Glock 19, 26 and Recently the Ruger SR9C. I like them all and they're all great shooting firearms. For CCW I have to vote for the sr9c. The sr9c has an outstanding trigger. It's a great CCW weapon. Go with what your most comfortable with. Either way it will serve you well.
    MsXD9

[B]"When seconds count police are minutes away"!

xlearguy

I own a Glock 26 and a Ruger SR9C. The grip on the Ruger is not as wide as the 26. The trigger on the SR9c is where this pistol really shines. I installed a 3 1/2 pound connector on my 26 and the Ruger trigger feels similar to that only smoother with a cleaner break. The Ruger has a slide safety and if you are a 1911 fan that will not bother you any. I like it myself. The Ruger has a loaded chamber indicator that is very obvious because it sticks up on top of the slide when a round is in the chamber. Again, that doesn't bother me and it is not in the way of the sights. The three dot sights on the Ruger are excellent and I especially like the front sight dot being a little larger than the rear sight dots. I installed a set of Tru-Glo sights on my Glock 26 and as far as accuracy is concerned I shoot as well with one as I do the other. I have had no malfunctions with either pistol. The length of the SR9c is slightly -very slightly -longer than the 26 and the distance from the bottom of the trigger guard to the top of the slide is a little (not much) longer. There is no serrated edge on the front of the SR9c trigger guard as there is on the 26. I rate both pistols neck and neck really, but the SR9c does have a better trigger right out of the box in my opinion.

I have owned a glock 19 and now own a ruger sr9c...the ruger is my favorite...better lookin... Feels better in ur hand... The glock is uncomfortable has no safety and sight are not adjustable front and rear like my ruger...ruger shoots well out of the box and comes with 10 shot clip with and without grip extension and extra 17 shot mag...trigger is nice too ...I like a front end trigger pull ...I don't like long back end type triggers less accuracy

VIP Member
    Not even a contest between these two. GLOCK........ Sorry not a huge Ruger fan...
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

G26

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    Family first, that's why I carry.

I had to make the same decision. I love the SR9c trigger, but the G26 points more naturally for me. The ability to pull it out and have the sights lined up on target without thinking about it was the decider.

I'm a younger guy who has shot guns most my life, but for sure have a lot more to learn. I also don't have the knowledge or experience as most the people on this site. I love this site because I use it as a learning tool.
    However I do own a ruger Sr9c and I love it!!!! Glocks have just never felt right in my hands, not to take away from their quality at all. I wear tighter fitting cloths due to age and style now days and my ruger is still cancelable enough to stay unseen no matter what I wear. The recoil is next to nothing, maybe because I shoot my taurus tracker 44mag very often so I'm used to a lot of recoil, it looks good, and is very accurate. And due to always being around friends, my nieces, and girlfriends son, I love the double safety and loaded chamber indicator(not sure the technical term for that future). Plus the 17 round clip is always a plus.
    Toorop likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hammer2213 View Post
    I'm a younger guy who has shot guns most my life, but for sure have a lot more to learn. I also don't have the knowledge or experience as most the people on this site. I love this site because I use it as a learning tool.
    However I do own a ruger Sr9c and I love it!!!! Glocks have just never felt right in my hands, not to take away from their quality at all. I wear tighter fitting cloths due to age and style now days and my ruger is still cancelable enough to stay unseen no matter what I wear. The recoil is next to nothing, maybe because I shoot my taurus tracker 44mag very often so I'm used to a lot of recoil, it looks good, and is very accurate. And due to always being around friends, my nieces, and girlfriends son, I love the double safety and loaded chamber indicator(not sure the technical term for that future). Plus the 17 round clip is always a plus.
    It's okay we will forgive you...... You can always get smart and come to the Darkside of Glock and M&P......Oh and Life is too short to own a Rugers!!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Haha I plan on buying a glock soon so my girl can learn to use it cuz I'd like her to carry one due to how dependable they are even when cleaning and maintenance is neglected, because I don't trust she will remember to do any of it and I def want to know the gun is still gonna fire when she pulls the trigger.

I vote Ruger.... I could never jump on the Glock bandwagon.

Holy tap dancing crap. Glock. I'm no Glock fanboy but that's an easy choice. I can't get over all the chastity belts Ruger puts on most of their autos.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diddle View Post
    Ok... Here we go. I voted for the Glock even though I am a big Ruger fan. Ruger has been good, and I mean really good to me. However I recently bought a G26 so I can SAY I own a Glock. What I LEARNED was that the G26 fills a sweet nitche for me. It is fairly small and light weight so it can serve double duty. And that is something I had not intended on. I was simply going to use it for general carry but I find myself reaching for it more than my LCP, or any of my .38s. I am not as porfecent with it as I am with my Ruger SR40 or Springfield XD40 but, as I said, it fills a nice nitche that I had not intended. Seems the more I shoot it, the better it feels. The only modifications were that I added Meprolight night sights and that has worked out extremely well for me.

Regarding, HarryBall's post, yes, the Ruger is a a bit easier to shoot. It is also a bit bigger. All in all "I" don't think you can go wrong either way.

Best to you, my friend.
    It is addicting, that is why you keep reaching for it.

I voted for the Glock 26 because I am a Glock fanboy. They work and they have a good reputation for reliability as well as you can get parts for them everywhere. Not to mention Glock takes care of their customers and supports them a great deal. They allow you to become a certified armorer as well as they run their own shooting sport (GSSF) and they give you a great deal for members.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hammer2213 View Post
    It is a 17 round magazine. ;)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links