Glock 26 vs Ruger sr9c (poll)

This is a discussion on Glock 26 vs Ruger sr9c (poll) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i've been considering either the Glock 26 or the Ruger sr9c for my next handgun purchase,but i'm still undecided,looking for opinions from anyone that owns ...

View Poll Results: Ruger sr9c or Glock 26?

Voters
309. You may not vote on this poll
  • i think the Glock 26 is the better choice

196 63.43%
  • i think the Ruger sr9c is the better choice

113 36.57%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Glock 26 vs Ruger sr9c (poll)

i've been considering either the Glock 26 or the Ruger sr9c for my next handgun purchase,but i'm still undecided,looking for opinions from anyone that owns one or both of these.the sr9c definitely feels better in the hand but has the thumb safety and the mag disconnect which i really don't care for..the G26 doesn't feel bad either,just a little thicker.what's your thoughts on these two handguns,please vote in poll too..

The Glock 26 fit my hand well and I can shoot it. If possible try them both.
    " The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissenger

I'm in the same boat as you, crue2009. Initially, I had thought of purchasing the Ruger LC9 for EDC. However, after reading comments in different threads, I decided to go with the SR9C. I do plan on purchasing a Glock 36 later this year.
    IWLAFART likes this.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

I chose a Glock 26. It fit better and I shoot it well. Personally, I didn't like the Ruger's grip.

Administrator
    Who cares about the comfort... you're buying a tool to save your life, not a Lazy Boy. Go with the tried and true.
    joker1, glockman10mm and jwhite75 like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Fired both weapons, Get the ruger....Youll love it.
    tommy62 likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Ok... Here we go. I voted for the Glock even though I am a big Ruger fan. Ruger has been good, and I mean really good to me. However I recently bought a G26 so I can SAY I own a Glock. What I LEARNED was that the G26 fills a sweet nitche for me. It is fairly small and light weight so it can serve double duty. And that is something I had not intended on. I was simply going to use it for general carry but I find myself reaching for it more than my LCP, or any of my .38s. I am not as porfecent with it as I am with my Ruger SR40 or Springfield XD40 but, as I said, it fills a nice nitche that I had not intended. Seems the more I shoot it, the better it feels. The only modifications were that I added Meprolight night sights and that has worked out extremely well for me.

Regarding, HarryBall's post, yes, the Ruger is a a bit easier to shoot. It is also a bit bigger. All in all "I" don't think you can go wrong either way.

Best to you, my friend.
    Toorop likes this.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

GLOCK=Perfection

Ruger=not quite perfect.

Disclaimer: I own a GLOCK 26, but have more rounds through my 19. I do not own or have ever fired a Ruger SR9C but I did witness someone at the range having reliability issues with one.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

carrying a gun is supposed to be comforting regardless of it being comfortable, the glock is the way to go

I said Glock, but I'm partial to glocks. Go with what works for you
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

I considered both, and shot the G26, but went with the SR9c. Very happy with my decision.

I voted glock.But now this thread sparked a thought in my head as i purchased an LC9 a while back.I love it and if the sr9c works and shoots and feels like the lc9 just slightly larger I want one.My newest pistol is a gen 4 glock 26 with a CT laserguard,Ghost Rocket 3.5# trigger connector($25)a Wollfe competition spring kit($20) and did a .25 cent trigger job on it and today i bought Glock nite sites for it.Oh yeah you can also use a g18(33 round) magazine in the g26.Having said that,I lately carry the LC9 more.

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    GLOCK=Perfection

Ruger=not quite perfect.

Disclaimer: I own a GLOCK 26, but have more rounds through my 19. I do not own or have ever fired a Ruger SR9C but I did witness someone at the range having reliability issues with one.
    I have over 2000 rounds through my SR9c without any problems. It's been utterly reliably and accurate. I looked at a Gen4 G19, because it fits my hand better than the Gen3's, but the range officer/salesman told me not to buy it, because he'd had several customers buy them and have failures on the range.

I've heard that too,but i have 2 friends with gen 4 19s and theirs are flawless.I think maybe ther was a bad few and because it was from a glock it spread like wild fire.My gen 4 26 is good.

Of those two, the Glock-26 comes out on top.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links