Upgrades

Upgrades

This is a discussion on Upgrades within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a springfeild gi 1911. The gun shoots great no problems has been one hundred percent reliable. Now i would like to maybe make ...

Thread: Upgrades

Upgrades

I have a springfeild gi 1911. The gun shoots great no problems has been one hundred percent reliable. Now i would like to maybe make some miner upgrades what would you suggest.

Night sights, like a Novak or something similar maybe some Heinie sights, probably a bigger beavertail grip safety to protect from slide bite and a trigger upgrade.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Yep, keep it simple. Good sights, a good trigger and a good grip are about all you need. The only other thing I added to my Springer (the first one) was an Ed Brown extended safety, but that's based on my anatomy... not everyone needs that.

If you've got spare change, invest in a handful of good magazines (Wilson and Cobra work well in all my 1911s).
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Links