Weird Night at The Range

Weird Night at The Range

This is a discussion on Weird Night at The Range within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So took my XDM to the range with some cheap Russian ammo, get set up and notice the guy next to me is shooting at ...

Thread: Weird Night at The Range

Weird Night at The Range

So took my XDM to the range with some cheap Russian ammo, get set up and notice the guy next to me is shooting at what appears to be xeroxed pictures of an older person. Is that someone he knows??? too weird.....so then i'm having failure to feed problems with the Rusky ammo, the top round seems to always just sit loose like the spring is stuck or the rounds aren't seated. (These are metal casings cheap stuff) so I show it to my friend and he hands me some white box rounds, they load in and stay in easier but within 10 rounds i have another failure to feed with white box, then after ten more white box I have one more. So i'm wondering if I'm racking the slide improperly?? or if the Rusky ammo jinxed me :0 up until now, the XDM has ran absolutely flawless. Your thoughts?

Are you using factory magazines? You may have a bad magazine. Try another magazine with the same ammo selection.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I have used two magazines and gotten issues. But they are later mailed promo magazines. SA was running a deal, buy a gun and get two extra mags 3 months later.

I'd be surprised to hear this happening with pistol ammo, but some of the lacquer coating on Commie steel-cased rifle ammo (e.g., Wolf) sticks to the chamber once things get heated up. Easy enough to remove with solvents and vigorous brushing.

I'd say give your XDM a good cleaning, paying attention to the chamber, and see if the problem repeats when you use brass-cased ammo.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

one problem with mag springs seeming to stick,if the Over All Length is too long on a round it will tend to bind up in the mag preventing the spring from keeping pressure on the rounds
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

So who was the guy in the pic? I would have had to asked.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Do you do a lot of empty chamber dry firing? Check your striker retainer pin. It may have broken. The pistol can keep firing for a while even with a broken retainer, but I've heard of it possibly causing feed issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugerguy View Post
    I have used two magazines and gotten issues. But they are later mailed promo magazines. SA was running a deal, buy a gun and get two extra mags 3 months later.
    Did you strip and clean the mags? I'm amazed at the amount of people who strip, clean, and lube a new pistol, but never think to do the same to the mags that come with them. Just a thought...
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

I haven't cleaned the mags, but the two I used were new. I do some dry firing but always with dummy rounds. No I didn't ask who was in the pic, for all I know the guy was preparing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugerguy View Post
    I haven't cleaned the mags, but the two I used were new. I do some dry firing but always with dummy rounds. No I didn't ask who was in the pic, for all I know the guy was preparing something.
    Maybe it was his boss in the pic.

Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are cunning and you sleep with your mouth open.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by RemMod597 View Post
    Maybe it was his boss in the pic.
    I wanted to do that last week. And a few times before that. And a few times before that.... But I haven't.

See... I DO have self control.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Sponsored Links