Awesome find

This is a discussion on Awesome find within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So the other day I was looking through my companies gun inventory and came across a used FNP 45 Tactical for $799. I called the ...

Thread: Awesome find

Awesome find

So the other day I was looking through my companies gun inventory and came across a used FNP 45 Tactical for $799. I called the store it was in right away and found out that the gun is not used but is instead a "scratch and dent" gun direct from FNH. I asked them to ship it to me. After it arriving in my store I find it to be in 100% new condition and that my price on it is $612. Needless to say I put it on lay-a-way today.
    Kahr CW9, Sig Sauer P226 SCT 9mm, Sig Sauer P229 SCT 9mm, FNH FNP .45 Tactical
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

Sweet!
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

What was scratched or dented, the case?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

There is not one mark anywhere on the gun, case, mags, or anything else for that matter.
    Kahr CW9, Sig Sauer P226 SCT 9mm, Sig Sauer P229 SCT 9mm, FNH FNP .45 Tactical
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

Senior Moderator
    Sometimes the companies will repair whatever on the gun and since they cant sell it as a new gun, they'll sell it as repaired or scratch and dent. I too have got some killer deals over the years. On some guns you couldn't tell what the issue was, on others it was so minor that normal wear and tear covered it up.

Good deal Chalk316, you done good!
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I don't want to rain on your parade, because that is one beautiful gun at one steal of a price, but I have heard a lot o bad news about the FN extended mags that come with the tactical model. My friend has this exact gun (he paid waaay more then you got it for) and he's had a lot of problems with the magazines (it comes with three if I am not mistaken). The ammo would get caught and jammed inside the magazine during loading and during firing of the weapon. When he contacted FN Herstal, they didn't sound at all surprised and told him to just mail the magazines in. He tried to fix the problem himself and found that one of the mags actually had a component inside of it fixed upside down...which is always reassuring when you have a brand new gun that you just paid over a grand for. So, he kept the most efficient of the three mags and sent in the other two, and as far as I know, it's been a few months since that has happened and he has yet to get them back. The one thing that he told me was that he was trying was using different defensive ammo in the magazine to see if it will continue to jam like it has with other ammo. The "power ball" .45 ammo is a little shorter than that of other companies and he thinks that maybe they will fit the magazine better and not jam, but I don't know if he has had a chance to shoot some at the range and test his theory. Again, I don't want to tarnish your mindset over this purchase, because I have held the gun and I know how virtually impossible it is not to like this platform, I just thought you should know. This in fact might be the reason that this gun is a scratch/dent.

Links