Sometimes the Haters are right.

This is a discussion on Sometimes the Haters are right. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sorry to say, it looks like the Taurus haters were right. After 8 weeks I still donít have an answer as to when I will ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 109
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Sometimes the Haters are right.

  1. #1
    Member Array 303british's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    349

    Sometimes the Haters are right.

    Sorry to say, it looks like the Taurus haters were right.
    After 8 weeks I still donít have an answer as to when I will get my Polymer Public Defender replaced.

    I tend to discount when a brand is bashed a lot, especially a lower cost one. I bought a Charter Arms despite all the negative things said about them and itís still a great gun after many hundreds of +P rounds.

    I had some worry on buying a Taurus but just really wanted one of the Polymer Judges.
    It shot fine, and I was very pleased with it until the frame cracked after about 75 rounds of factory standard pressure ammunition.



    At first the customer service seemed fine, they sent Fed Ex to pick it up the next day and I assumed, since it was obviously a factory defect, it would be no problem getting the matter resolved.

    Well after 8 weeks, about 10-12 phone calls, 4 times faxing my FFL (the only way they would acknowledge receiving it was to have them stand by the fax machine while I had them on the phone), and twice having their website tell me they needed more information (falsely both times), The answer is still ďwell, I guess it looks like itís still in progressĒ.

    Of the many, many firearms Iíve had over 30 years of shooting, I've only had to contact a manufacturer twice before, once for a used Hi-Point rifle( they cheerfully sent me parts it was missing when I bought it, at no cost ) and once for a Ruger P95 (they replaced parts I damaged, also for free). In both previous cases, less than a week and one phone call fixed the problem.

    I do customer service for a living in the IT field, so crappy CS is a pet peeve of mine.
    I will keep the gun if and when I get it back (provided it works) but itís the last time Iíll consider a Taurus product.
    SwatMedic338 likes this.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    Member Array mlkx4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Southwest Iowa
    Posts
    110
    I've heard the same stories from different brands as well. A friend of mine has a Taurus 1911 in for some work right now and is exstatic about the level of service he is receiving.

  4. #3
    VIP Member
    Array C hawk Glock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    W. Washington
    Posts
    3,552
    303,

    Sorry for the issues. Yes I am a Taurus hater and I always say that DC is like ground hog day. Every couple weeks there are people who get on and defend Taurus to the hilt and then there are people like me who say they are trouble. Hang in there and good luck.

    " Buy the bull and get the horns "
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

  5. #4
    Member Array scorpion12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sc
    Posts
    153
    I can't believe I'm going to defend Taurus... but they make plenty of guns that other people don't have problems with. I won't buy them again because they couldn't fix my 1911 after two attempts...

    I hope you get yours replaced.

  6. #5
    VIP Member Array zacii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    arizona
    Posts
    3,749
    One of the reasons that I went ahead with a Taurus 1911, is because of the plentiful parts and information available.

    If it ever has a problem, I'm not sending it to Taurus, it will become a project gun.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

    "A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

  7. #6
    Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,405
    Only once, never again. To be fair two friends each have a 85UL and have no problems, but they don't shoot as much as me.

    My experiences with a Taurus 85UL
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

  8. #7
    Senior Member Array wormy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,137
    ALOT of people buy Taurus without doing any research because they like Tauruses innovative ideas...the Judge, slim 9mm etc. I used to be one of those people. Thank goodness I found DC forum.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

  9. #8
    Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ky.
    Posts
    1,890
    Imagine my surprise to learn that the never a problem 5 Taurus products I have owned are such pecices of junk.

  10. #9
    Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Southeast
    Posts
    1,971
    Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    Imagine my surprise to learn that the never a problem 5 Taurus products I have owned are such pecices of junk.
    And away we go....... Please read the thread again. No one is saying or has said, "Every Taurus product ever made is garbage."

    OP, I'm a licensed, certified, card carrying "Taurus basher." Having said that, let me point out that I'm not gloating over your situation. I would greatly prefer that your Taurus had been 100% reliable, especially if you needed it to defend your life or the lives of your loved ones. What aggravates me isn't the people who defend Taurus; it's Taurus themselves. I never want to hear about a fellow gun owner getting burned by those scammers, and as far as I'm concerned, that's exactly what they are.

    Innovative designs? Yes. Quality? For the most part, NO. If they would spend half as much time doing quality control and serving their existing customers as they spend coming up with "gee whiz neato" designs, they could gain some respect out here.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

    -miklcolt45

  11. #10
    Member Array mlkx4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Southwest Iowa
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    And away we go....... Please read the thread again. No one is saying or has said, "Every Taurus product ever made is garbage."

    OP, I'm a licensed, certified, card carrying "Taurus basher." Having said that, let me point out that I'm not gloating over your situation. I would greatly prefer that your Taurus had been 100% reliable, especially if you needed it to defend your life or the lives of your loved ones. What aggravates me isn't the people who defend Taurus; it's Taurus themselves. I never want to hear about a fellow gun owner getting burned by those scammers, and as far as I'm concerned, that's exactly what they are.

    Innovative designs? Yes. Quality? For the most part, NO. If they would spend half as much time doing quality control and serving their existing customers as they spend coming up with "gee whiz neato" designs, they could gain some respect out here.
    I have owned 5 Tuarus handguns and still own 3 of them. Of the 3 that I have, 3 still run perfenctly. That would be 100%. Of the 2 that I sold to friends, 2 still run perfectly. That would also be 100%. I have 3 other friends who own various Taurus handguns and all but one gun runs perfect. That particular gun is in the hands of Taurus right now and they are doing their part to his satisfaction. You feel the need to bash Taurus, and I feel the need to support them. I however have first hand knowledge and you have stories from the internet and an obsession to talk about things you seem woefully ignorant on. Go ahead and explore the internet a little further and you will find countless glocks that have blown up, kinbers that need a million and a half rounds before they are "broke in", xd's that wont do anything, etc... Take it a step further and look for customer complaints about service after the sale on some other brands. I have, and Taurus stands behind their product just as well as the rest, and better than some.

  12. #11
    Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Posts
    1,266
    I have a Taurus. I haven't had any issues with it yet (but, I also still haven't 'broken it in'- less than 350 rounds). But, I figure that if it can send over 300 rounds without fail it can't be too bad a gun. (I'm pushing almost 1K through my Windicator)
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

    "Gun control means hitting your target every time."

    Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

  13. #12
    VIP Member Array BugDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Gulf Coast of Florida
    Posts
    9,331
    This feels like an AA meeting, "Hi, my name is BugDude and I bought a Taurus." I guess the donuts and coffee are on the table in the back?

    I only have one, PT709, and over 1500 flawless rounds have been fine by me. I have no specific allegiances to them since it is 1 out of 15 and the others are by other manufacturers. I guess I have more Rugers than any, and then Smiths. All of my handguns have been flawless.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.


    Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

  14. #13
    VIP Member
    Array C hawk Glock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    W. Washington
    Posts
    3,552
    Ground Hog Day! LOL just read post number 3!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

  15. #14
    Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Southeast
    Posts
    1,971
    Quote Originally Posted by mlkx4 View Post
    I have owned 5 Tuarus handguns and still own 3 of them. Of the 3 that I have, 3 still run perfenctly. That would be 100%. Of the 2 that I sold to friends, 2 still run perfectly. That would also be 100%. I have 3 other friends who own various Taurus handguns and all but one gun runs perfect. That particular gun is in the hands of Taurus right now and they are doing their part to his satisfaction. You feel the need to bash Taurus, and I feel the need to support them. I however have first hand knowledge and you have stories from the internet and an obsession to talk about things you seem woefully ignorant on. Go ahead and explore the internet a little further and you will find countless glocks that have blown up, kinbers that need a million and a half rounds before they are "broke in", xd's that wont do anything, etc... Take it a step further and look for customer complaints about service after the sale on some other brands. I have, and Taurus stands behind their product just as well as the rest, and better than some.
    I love when they pull this one. I have owned:

    Taurus PT-145 - Jam-O-Matic right out of the box. Bought a new Taurus FACTORY MAGAZINE, the follower was radically different. This made the gun "sort of" run right, now jamming once or twice every two mags fired.

    Taurus TCP- 738 - Broken trigger mechanism within first two mags fired.

    Look, I'm happy that your Taurus guns are stellar. I really am. But don't assume that anyone who "bashes" them is doing so for groundless reasons. I don't bash anything without giving it a fair chance.

    Besides, I didn't say that your Taurus guns were garbage. I said that mine were.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

    -miklcolt45

  16. #15
    VIP Member Array Tubby45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Making ammo.
    Posts
    3,047
    Only Taurus I owned (besides Ford) was a 605 (357 Mag). Never had problems but didn't shoot it too much and sold it.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

judge polymer
,
polymer judge
,
polymer taurus judge
,

taurus 605 poly

,
taurus 605 poly for sale
,
taurus 605 polymer
,
taurus 605 polymer problems
,
taurus haters
,

taurus judge polymer

,

taurus judge polymer problems

,

taurus polymer public defender

,

taurus public defender polymer

Click on a term to search for related topics.