Beretta PX4 trigger sting issue resolved?

This is a discussion on Beretta PX4 trigger sting issue resolved? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Seriously considering this weapon, but I've read some horror stories about trigger sting issues. Most of these stories come from a few years ago though, ...

Seriously considering this weapon, but I've read some horror stories about trigger sting issues.

Most of these stories come from a few years ago though, so I was wondering if this issue has since been resolved, or if it still ongoing.

Thanks!

I have the PX4 SC 40 for EDC and love the thing. I keep pulling the trigger and it keeps putting a hole exactly where I am aiming. In my opinion they truly are great weapons. I would think that if you had the chance to shoot one you would agree. I have had no problems with mine and I have let anyone who wants to shoot it at the range and all seemed to like it.

No problems on my side ... On my Compact and Full size PX4 both 9mm I have like 5000 rounds between them ..... never experienced any trigger sting. But I haven't research this topic so not sure if it's with some specific caliber or not.. but in my case no problems at all

Great weapon.

Never had that problem with my full-size PX4 or the SC. Both handled very well.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Never had any problems with my Px4 full size on the trigger sting or any thing else. Great shooting pistol, love he way it shoots, almost no recoil and it hits where you point. I would recommend it to anybody that wants a great shooter and carry.

What's trigger sting? I have the PX4 in 9mm, no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by blastissimo View Post
    What's trigger sting? I have the PX4 in 9mm, no issues.
    Me too--what's trigger sting? My wife has a PX4 in .40 that I have shot and neither she, nor I have had any problems with it. Great shooter and very accurate. Never heard of "trigger sting".
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Thought I would revive this "old" thread since I experienced what I now know to be "trigger sting" with my Px4 .40 compact. It is also called "trigger smack" or "trigger slap". I called it "trigger spank" when I was trying to first research it. You don't want to know what kind of results that got!

It was a cold day so I am hoping it will not be as prevalent on a warmer day.

Trigger Sting is when the trigger "slaps" the finger on the return. It is painful and causes numbness after a few times. I didn't notice it until after 24 rounds (two magazines). It went away after a few minutes, but I can imagine that it would put a damper on plans to shoot a couple hundred rounds in a single trip to the range!

Trigger Sting is when the trigger "slaps" the finger on the return. It is painful and causes numbness after a few times. I didn't notice it until after 24 rounds (two magazines). It went away after a few minutes, but I can imagine that it would put a damper on plans to shoot a couple hundred rounds in a single trip to the range!
    Can't say as I've ever experienced that with any gun I've shot and certainly not with my PX4 Storm.

Links