Feel like I've been cheating...

This is a discussion on Feel like I've been cheating... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I feel bad; I feel like I've been cheating on my .357. Permit just arrived, I've been playing with my holsters and my guns, and ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By WHEC724
  • 1 Post By Old School
  • 2 Post By cj
  • 1 Post By BugDude

Thread: Feel like I've been cheating...

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen

Feel like I've been cheating...

I feel bad; I feel like I've been cheating on my .357. Permit just arrived, I've been playing with my holsters and my guns, and I think I'm going to make one of my holsters work for my .45, instead of using the IWB holster for my .357.

The .357 (my EAA Windicator) is my first handgun. I've been leaving this one at home (instead of in the car with me when I leave) because my fiancee is familiar with it, and it's a revolver- ANYONE with the first three digits on either hand can use it.
    The .45 (My Taurus 24/7 Pro) is my latest. I've been keeping this one with me because I am familiar with it (I've spent more time with it, fired it more, etc.) than my fiancee, and I wanted her to have the gun that she can grab and go with easiest.

Maybe I'll carry the .357 next time...
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    All of my firearms understand that they are part of a harem.
    zacii likes this.

Cool

The difference between guns and women is that guns don't care how many guns you have.
    C hawk Glock likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

cj
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    The difference between guns and women is that guns don't care how many guns you have.
    And you can trade your 44 for two 22s and no one gets jealous. Try trading your 44 year old significant other for a pair of 22 year olds and see what happens.
    NY27 and C hawk Glock like this.

Carry both and let her choose something she likes. 2 guns is 1 gun and 1 gun is no gun.
    zacii likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

It's good to carry all the guns you trust once and awhile, just to keep them familiar!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post
    And you can trade your 44 for two 22s and no one gets jealous. Try trading your 44 year old significant other for a pair of 22 year olds and see what happens.
    Problem with that- she just turned 22 today.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Carry both and let her choose something she likes. 2 guns is 1 gun and 1 gun is no gun.
    I would, but I can't find another .45 I like for less than $400. (And we've 'agreed'- no more guns until after the wedding, and we've paid back some of her student loans.)
    And, I rather she have the .45- between the two magazines there are 22 JHPs of my choosing. And, if 22 JHP .45ACPs won't take care of her then there's nothing anyone could do to help.

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

What ya need is another revolver to backup that 24/7. A lot of places are selling the S&W airweights pretty darn cheap. Until then, I'd leave the revolver with the wife, just due to the ease of use. Good luck.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    What ya need is another revolver to backup that 24/7. A lot of places are selling the S&W airweights pretty darn cheap. Until then, I'd leave the revolver with the wife, just due to the ease of use. Good luck.
    That's what I've been doing. Only problem is, the only holster I have to conceal the 24/7 is my shoulder rig. Which means I would be wearing a t-shirt, and my leather vest everywhere I go. I'm looking into getting a good IWB holster for it. Only real problem right now is money. And, I already have one for the .357.

Links