Sig p239 Came in today

This is a discussion on Sig p239 Came in today within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My Sig p239 SAS, Gen 2, TT in 357 sig came in today after a 5 week wait....well worth the wait, though....sure is a Sweet ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sig p239 Came in today

Sig p239 Came in today

My Sig p239 SAS, Gen 2, TT in 357 sig came in today after a 5 week wait....well worth the wait, though....sure is a Sweet Shooter! Shot 50 rounds Winchester White Box and 50 rounds carry ammo (Double Tap 125 gr. Sierra JHP)....both shot to POA.....Double Taps were awesome as they are in all my pistols.... accurate and hot! I'll chrono them next time I'm at my Hunting Camp where I keep my chrono. Pistol handled DT loads real well....easy to shoot as all DTs! Trigger was smooth DA and real nice SA.....although, I would like to lighten SA a little. If anyone has done this or has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. I shot several rounds then put the Hogue grips on it and finished shooting.....these grips make a world of difference!
    Attached Images
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

2. Remove Ads

Sweeeeet!
    Congrats on the new pistola...enjoy!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    You're gonna think you died and went to heaven. A P239 in 357Sig is one of my carry guns. The other is a P229 in 357Sig. Hogue's on the P239 make it.

Lead Moderator
    Enjoy! My 239 is the only SIG I changed grips on, and the Hogue's made a great addition.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Everything I've read and everyone I've talked to says the same thing about the Hogue grips on the p239......seems to be unanimous that these grips make a big difference on this pistol. After shooting with them and the factory grips, I have to agree. Since I only got it yesterday, the only holster I've worn it in is the Alessi Talon Plus and the grips weren't a problem snagging shirt, etc.....I wore it both appendix and at 4 o'clock and no problem either way. I'll see how it does in a Slide Guard today!
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

I like Sigs,I got 2 in 40,some day I may get a 357 sig barrel for my 229,and start reloading for it,I got enough brass to start
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

My next purchase will probably be a 229 in 357 sig!

Very very nice!

Dont do anything to the trigger yet...wait until you have used it for a while as they get even better with use.

webb3201, that's good advice.....thanks!

VIP Member
    I have the P239SAS (Gen 1) in 9mm, and it is indeed a wonderful shooter. Mine has the LEM trigger, which takes some getting used to, but it - for its purposes - a pretty darned good design. I also (there seems to be consensus here, which must be a first on DC ) use the Hogue grips most of the time. The "stock" ones are easier to carry/conceal, but the Hogues turn a "soft" shooter into an absolute dream.

Yes, the 239 is thick, heavy, big, etc for it's capacity, but it's just so darned....nice.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

VIP Member
    Sweet speed burner!
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Big for capacity but sure carries nice. To me, it seems to carry like a much thinner, smaller pistol! Can't explain it but it just carries well...!!

Distinguished Member
    Beautiful. What type of setup do you have for xtra mag carry? The Hogue grips sound nice, my 239 in 40 can be pretty punishing at the range.

Opfor, do you mean DAK, isn't the LEM an H&K thing?

Look up Teddy Jacobson at Actions by T. He is a great trigger guy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links