BYE BYE Glock, Your Customer Service is terrible.

This is a discussion on BYE BYE Glock, Your Customer Service is terrible. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just sold my last and final Glock, I have tried to like the brick like shape and the awful trigger, I finally give up ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: BYE BYE Glock, Your Customer Service is terrible.

BYE BYE Glock, Your Customer Service is terrible.

I just sold my last and final Glock, I have tried to like the brick like shape and the awful trigger, I finally give up after 3 Glocks I have thrown in the towel.

The G22 and G23 work flawless and there are good guns.

The G19 gen4 is what really soured me. I bought the gen4 mostly for the adjustable grip it did fit my hand better than gen3's. The G19 was a jam-o-matic I tried twice to get a #4 recoil spring from Glock, after 7 weeks I still had no spring, Glocks Customer Service is terrible.

I will spend my money on other brands and try to stick to American Made only.

MO MORE GLOCKS FOR ME!
    AZDaven likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    I can't comment on Glock, but my M&P 45 Compact has been flawless.

Good luck.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

I thought only Taurus has problems and bad CS...
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Worst part is your "american" guns are very limited....even Colt and Smith and Wesson are owned by foreign entities.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Worst part is your "american" guns are very limited....even Colt and Smith and Wesson are owned by foreign entities.
    I believe Smith & Wesson is now an American owned corporation, after the British firm sold it at a huge loss following the sell-out to the Clinton administration.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

And I was thinking about my first Glock purchase.. Guess another M&P is in my future =)

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by younggun View Post
    And I was thinking about my first Glock purchase.. Guess another M&P is in my future =)
    Buy a Generation 3 Glock - there are plenty of them out there, and they are fine. It's the new and "improved" Generation 4 guns that are giving people fits.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Buy American? You are really limiting yourself there. However on a broader scale, there are plenty of great guns out there. If I were trying to make a statement and be patriotic, I would only use a Colt 1911. That's as American as you can get, and a great gun / caliber combo to boot.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I guess I can consider myself lucky in a way............................any firearm I've ever owned and had to depend on manufacturer customer support has always turned out well. I've never taxed Glock's support system other than technical questions. I also think this forum is an excellent source of support for most firearm owners. If you can't get satisfaction out of a manufacturer or you find yourself looking for parts that are generally unavailable to the average consumer..........a good bet is right here. Warranty claims however should go off without a hitch through the manufacturer without problems. In those few cases where some have experienced problems in that area......the forum can always run an email attack or word of mouth thread that could be of help. Either way, firearm owners still have the right to complain in public. My feelings about this however usually involve one exhausting all available possibilities before doing so. There are also the possibilities that many come across firearms that were just not meant for them. Sort of like adopting a dog from the shelter. Research beforehand helps in these areas, and with the internet today, one can come pretty close to knowing for sure how well of a match you'll make before having a big disappointment. "Jam-o-matics" come in several varieties. The user induced, the match of pistol to user, the faulty ammo, and the faulty magazines types. Looking for non-original parts in order to alleviate some problems usually ends up escalating issues and it's a false sense of security. Anything we'll ever do or any challenge we undertake will always fall under the rule that this world isn't a perfect place. How we end up facing the challenge of making things the best they can be in an imperfect world shows our character and determination.
    msgt/ret, Bark'n and Badger1911 like this.

Funny how some people have trouble with different gun manufacturers. I have found Glocks flawless (and yes a Gen 4 is in my collection). Yeah, not a fan of the trigger but $25 bucks for a ghost rocket connector fixes that. I have had problems with XDM's and ftf but others have no problem. It all comes down to finding what you like, what works for you, and stick with it. Maybe since Glock has more guns out there than almost anyone else you hear of more problems just due to volume. Brand "A" 20,000 product, 200 problems, brand "B" 200,000 product, 2000 problems. Sounds like more defects, but in reality it is the same.

If the 04 spring was all that was needed, instead of selling off at a loss, I would have spent $16 to see if this fixed it:

GlockParts.com - Product Detail - Gen. 4 Recoil Conversion Kit Compact - $15.95
    Glock Certified Armorer

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Stick to the Gen 3! I have a "few" glocks and I will not even buy a 4. this is a classic case of they took something that wasn't broke and fixed it until it was.
    Ram Rod likes this.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

VIP Member
    Made in Ney York City?

(heard by a Kimber and Rohrbaugh dealer)

I've nothing bad to say about Glock as long as you don't hold it against me.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

The #4 spring does not fix the problem with all ammo see Hickok45 test. I know there are aftermarket conversion to go back to the gen3 spring. I also know all about shooter error and on and on, it is funny when you mention anything bad about a Glock all kinds of excuses come out to defend them, I guess that is all right if you really like your Glock. I have had gen3 guns that were reliable, but the trigger and the grip still were not for me.

Yes, I took a loss financially, but I would not trust my life to the gen4, and neither is Oakland County were they are not using there gen4's.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    I'm not going to bash Glock, it's a GREAT weapon and has earned its reputation. I've stated here before the ONLY reason I opted for my M&P over the Glock was because it is made in the USA. I just feel like you've got to draw a line somewhere on buying foreign made products. Not only firearms but I now look at almost everything I buy.
    paullie and Spec like this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links