P99

P99

This is a discussion on P99 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any ideas on one of these for concealed carry and/ or target practice? 9mm or .40? (Common you THR\'s- time for the 9mm war to ...

Thread: P99

P99

Any ideas on one of these for concealed carry and/ or target practice?

9mm or .40?

(Common you THR\'s- time for the 9mm war to begin!!!)

DC Founder
    Well, I will venture into these waters.... Between the two I would say the .45ACP :P

JT
    CompromiseÖ357 sig. :P

Actually I carry 9mm, 40, and occasionally 357 sig (interchangeable barrels are cool). Originally I was a 45 man, but when I bought my Glock 23, a compact Glock in 45 wasnít available. I consider getting one at times, but I am now quite comfortable with the 40, so I havenít gotten around to it.

In others words, there are several calibers I feel comfortable carrying so I usually donít take sides in the caliber wars. Iím a uniter. :D

I have both, and they\'re both great. For Concealed I carry the 9mm more often, Probably because of the 16 rnd mag\'s:). Both will fit the same hoster, but the .40 is a tad longer in the slide and I\'m not very big so it\'s a little harder to conceal in the summer.

Jacob

DC Founder
    Don\'t get me wrong I also occasionally carry the 9mm (occasionally) and the .40 quite a bit. I like them both, especially the .40. The ..45 is like an old friend, however, and I always feel a little naked without one of them with me :)

i\'ve wanted to buy the P99 for a little while now :)

Well,

I\'m going to trade the PPK/S in this morning for one.

I guess we\'ll see what they have in stock!

DC Founder
    Okay, Ex-MA Hole, so what did ya come back from the store with? Hmmmmm? ;)

CHPBill
    I am betting he comes how with the P99 ;)

Sorry- I have a one month old...

...free time is nuts.

I came home with the P99QA 9mm in OD.

I was the only one in stock for MILES around.

I put 100 rounds through her on Sunday AM, VERY nice.

I was going to wait for the .40, then realized the ammo was almost twice as much. I have a 642 that I carry when not at work, and this is going to be primarily a range gun, so cost is/ was a factor.

I also wasn\'t sure about the QA, but I found that I really like it. I need a holster that I can carry her in. I bought an Unlce Mikes cheepo (what they had in stock), but want somehing a bit better/ nicer.

I have a Don Hume JIT for all my other toys, and really like them. Is this a good idea on the QA? Should I get something with a strap? Or not, since the QA is always \"live\", like a Glock ,and I run the risk of it getting stuck in the trigger guard and shooting myself in the foot?

Any ideas?

DC Founder
    From the pictures, it looks like the P99 MIGHT fit in the same holster as a Springfield XD, but just guessing.

vmo
    I bought a QA in .40 and really liked it. So I went back and bought the standard P99 in 9mm to use for IDPA. The 9 is SO much cheaper to shoot. It eats just about anything. I\'m buying Blazer 9mm aluminum case for 3.86 a box at Academy, and the gun seems to like it. I have a Fobus paddle (sux), an Uncle Mikes Kydex paddle (better) and best is a Comp-Tac paddle. Same holsters, both guns. The .40 magazines are a little hard to find, but I think a 16 rd 9mm with the feed lips spread a little would work, haven\'t tried it yet. I intend to carry the QA (more stress friendly IMHO), and train with the 9mm. Good luck with whatever choice you make.

I hear the new P99c is pretty sweet.

i have the sw99 in a 40 cal with nite sites and know its similar and i love it

Sponsored Links