New gun en route

New gun en route

This is a discussion on New gun en route within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ordered an M&P 9mm. I wanted a nine to shoot at the range and for IDPA. I asked and read, read and asked, did ...

Thread: New gun en route

New gun en route

I ordered an M&P 9mm. I wanted a nine to shoot at the range and for IDPA. I asked and read, read and asked, did as much research as I could do. This is my first poly frame. The USP grip is way too long (front to rear) for my hand. The XD is a big, blocky thing that fits me very well but may be a pain to conceal (maybe not, no offense to the XD guys). And the Glocks......well, let's just say they don't feel right in my hand, something I am sure has never been uttered before. So I ordered an M&P full size 9. Three mags, tritium sights, no thumb safety and NO MAGAZINE DISCONNECT! That's why I had to order it. So it is on it's way, and I am concerned. Probably about nothing, but I have heard of FTF, FTE, broken springs and extractors, all that jazz. I suppose all guns go through that when first unveiled (except for Kimbers and SIGS, heh-heh). It'll probably be all right. A guy I shoot with (great guy, shoots extremely well, will whip your tail and be very polite about it, so I have to hate him) runs an M&P 9. I called him up and put him to the question. Nothing but praise. His is stock. I hope mine can be for a while until I decide to do the APEX overhaul in the winter.

What a coincidence, I just bought an M&P 9mm this morning with the same specs less the tritium sights. I got a great deal on the carry package from a local shop for $515 OTD. I too was trying everything between Glock, Sig, Springfield and even CZ. Every time I came back to the M&P, it just felt right in the hand and I shot great with it. I plan on making it my EDC with an MTAC IWB holster. Can't wait to get it to the range tomorrow and put it through its paces. Having shot the same model multiple times, I already know how it shoots but it will be a little sweeter because this one is mine. There is a local guy around here that does amazing things with the M&P trigger, at an outstanding price I might add. I plan on getting it to him as soon as possible.

The M&P is a trusted department gun for a lot of PD's across the country. Having shot them and handled them, I can tell you right out of the box they are rock solid and accurate. You will love it, if for no other reason than because it is a Smith and Wesson.

VIP Member
    I have three M&P's all three of them have never had one issue. They are stone cold reliable out of the box! Just take her home and clean the factory gunk off and put a little oil on her and she is ready to rip.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Sponsored Links