Need advice on Glock's

This is a discussion on Need advice on Glock's within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would value thoughts/advice from the community, especially from the Glock folks. I found a company that sells to LEO and Military at reduced rates. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Need advice on Glock's

Need advice on Glock's

I would value thoughts/advice from the community, especially from the Glock folks.

I found a company that sells to LEO and Military at reduced rates. As a DV, I qualify :). Based on the prices purchasing Glocks seems like a very good option.

Not sure I can afford to purchase two at one time. What combination would the community suggest? For example, 19 (HD) and 36 (EDC). Or, 26 (EDC) and 30 (HD).

Glock 19 9MM Semi-Compact w/Glock Night
    9mm - (3) 15 round mags 4" barrel
    List Price: $455.00 per EACH

Glock 26 9MM Compact Pistol w/Glock Nigh
    9mm - (2) 10" round mags 3.5" barrel
    List Price: $455.00 per EACH

Glock 30 .45 Cal Compact Pistol w/Glock
    .45 - (2) 10 round mags 3.75" barrel
    List Price: $521.00 per EACH

Glock 36 .45 Pistol w/Fixed Sights
    .45 APC - (2) 6 round mags 4.5" barrel
    List Price: $464.00 per EACH

Not sure if the 30 has Night Sights and the 36 is not listed with Night Sights so it may not be a fair comparison.

Thanks in advance for the guidance.

Mike
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

2. Remove Ads

Well, You know my answer Mike....36 & 19

HTC Thunderbolt....4G Lightning Speed

Administrator
    If I were set on buying two, I'd probably buy a 19 and a 26. But, with a proper holster and belt, one can carry a 19 just as easy as a 26. So, I'd probably end up buying a 19, and spending the extra cash on a nice carry rig and ammo.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    If I were set on buying two, I'd probably buy a 19 and a 26. But, with a proper holster and belt, one can carry a 19 just as easy as a 26. So, I'd probably end up buying a 19, and spending the extra cash on a nice carry rig and ammo.
    I'll give a big +1. My G19 is a great carry gun.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I'd have to agree with Sixto on this. No need for both. Get the 19 and a nice holster and belt.

I got a 22 and a 27. The full size 22 is a dream to shoot. I have had a 23 in the past, but the 22 feels much better. It conceals very easily IWB. I added a 27 for summertime carry also.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

I'd choose the 30 for HD and EDC. The 30 also works with the 21's 13 round mags, so you could pick up one of those.

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    I would personally go with the Glock 17 and 26 if you were going to buy two glocks. If I was to do it all over again I would go with the Glock 30SF for both HD and CC and buy a few Glock 21 mags for it. I currently CC a glock 27, the Glock 30SF isn't that much bigger than the G27. I think it would be very easy to fill the roll with the Glock 30 as both.

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    I'd have to agree with Sixto on this. No need for both. Get the 19 and a nice holster and belt.
    That's what I did. I just carried my glock half way accross the country and back in comfort and nobody knew,it was there.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

17 and 26. You can use the 17 mags in the 26 if needed.9mm ammo is cheaper so training and practice is cheaper.
    C hawk Glock likes this.

I would start with the 19.....then the 36.
    GLOCK 34, 17C, 21
    USPSA Production Division Competitor

Maybe even a 17 for HD and a 19 for carry.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    I agree with many of the others. The G19 is a great starting place. It is almost the perfect all around 9mm.

As far as carry goes, the difference between the 19 and 26 is so small I wouldn't even consider it. If at sometime in the future you just have to have a 26, so be it, but the 19 can do the job of EDC very well all by itself.

If you want to go .45acp, it is hard to beat either of your choices. Some find the G30 a bit too much to get a good grip on, so try it first. The G36 is an excellent carry choice, light and thin and shoots like a dream. The only real down side to it is capacity.

Good luck!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I'm a .45 guy, and I can't shoot a 9mm or .40 any better or worse so caliber accuracy isn't an issue. I bought a G30 and have no regrets. One "operator-initated" FTF on the second mag fired, not a single glitch since; clean, dirty or otherwise.

Advantages:
    10 rounds is more than the 36's six. Size difference is minor (people manage to CC 1911s, so...).
    For additional HD (or CC) firepower, a G21 mag ups the capacity to 13+.
    It's a .45 ACP.

Disadvantages:
    It gets heavy by the end of the day. 230 grains ammo isn't light. But neither is 15+ rounds of 9mm.
    Fewer rounds than a 19 or 17, but they do sell spare mags.
    Ammo costs a bit more, but I didn't buy a gun based on affordability basis only.

Night sights are available for the 30, don't know about the 36. I'm not a night sight fan but that's me.

You have a military ID as a DV? If so, yes, LEO/Mil discount applies.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

My Regular carry is a G30 but the G19 is one of the best all around Glocks. Perfect for HD, carries and conceals well with the proper holster and large enough for fun at the range.

Your Prices seem a little high to be LEO prices to me. Be sure your dealer is an Authorized Dealer. Compare his prices to Ed's Public Safety to be sure.
    Good Luck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links