Raven .25 or a Rock?

Raven .25 or a Rock?

This is a discussion on Raven .25 or a Rock? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In the bottom of my drawer I just found the ultimate mouse gun, the Raven MP-25, I bought this in the 80's for 50 bucks.. ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Raven .25 or a Rock?

Raven .25 or a Rock?

In the bottom of my drawer I just found the ultimate mouse gun, the Raven MP-25, I bought this in the 80's for 50 bucks.. I have heard all sorts of horror stories over the years about these guns falling off tables and firing and similar. Anybody got any stories about these Mousers?

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Both? 6 or 7 .25ACPs won't do too much, so a good rock would be your next best bet.

But, if you no longer want it...
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    Both? 6 or 7 .25ACPs won't do too much.
    You first ;)

HTC Thunderbolt....4G Lightning Speed

Not that particular one, but I did have a Jennings .22, very similar in most respects.

I too kept in a drawer up until I had some movers move my stuff into our new house. Oddly enough it just disappeared. I questioned the movers to no avail, so I called the sheriff's dept and filed a missing or stolen firearms report and that was that. I did like shooting the little thing though. The little bugger fired every time and for the most part was pretty accurate. I'd take it or the .25 any day over a rock. And for those that say they'd rather have the rock.. No offense intended, but that statement is laughable. Good luck with it, my money's on the pea shooter.

greenchicken and Chevyguy85 like this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I had a Davis P-380 which is along the same line...After about 500 rounds the slide cracked. I guess as long as you dont shoot it much it should be ok. To answer your question. Take the .25 over the rock.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Not saying it's not effective. Just saying that it would be better to carry both. I know that it would work, mostly just saying that with what I've heard about .25ACPs, it's not my first choice of a defense weapon. But I would definitely take one as a backup.

I'm looking into purchasing a .22mag pocket revolver, which WILL be a last resort defense weapon.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

los
    "If" it goes Bang every time the trigger is pulled, it will make an excellent carry tool for up close and personal defensive situation.

A Rock is a feasible option, but you can't always count on that SHTF on rugged terrain.
    swiftyjuan likes this.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

That Raven is just as thick as my Kel Tec PF9.

I think a lot of people underestimate the .25. My Dad carries one all the time, and I asked him about it not too long ago. His response was that he would empty the magazine into an attackers gut. Them little FMJ's tend to bounce around inside something, so it might do more damage than you think.

I'll stick with my 9mm, but I wouldn't mind having a .25 as a backup, or an occasional primary.

How big is the rock?
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

I can't see carrying both... you could always throw the raven when it runs out of ammo.

I had a .25 years ago, then read that the .22 was actually a more effective round. Something about .25s bounce around or tend to deflect too much, whereas the .22 doesn't. It goes in and stays put. And it's not like I read that on the internet or anything, because the internet hadn't been invented yet, lol.
    I always wondered the validity of that article.

25 acp

Yea...the 25 acp has only a 25% one shot stop, so just fire off 4 very quick rounds. A head shot should work.

VIP Member
    I actually have an old FIE Titan .25 in the safe that belonged to my wifes grandmother. No one in the family knows when/where or why she bought it. I've taken it out a few times and shot it. Fired everytime, accuracy was fair for something that small. While I have no desire to carry it, it would give someone something to think about if I had to use it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I have a Raven that I received in a car trade about 35 years ago and I have never had a failure of any kind which is more than I can say about several of my more expensive big name guns. When I got back into guns last year I took it out of the drawer where it had sat for at least 25 years loaded. I cleaned and oiled it up and ran about 100 rounds through it with out a hitch in fact I loaned it to a lady friend last June to take her ccw test and even the instructor was impressed with the little Saturday night special and wanted to buy it.

I wonder how the muzzle energy compares to a "wrist rocket" and ball bearings... but seriously I'd take the .25 over a rock any day

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links