S&W Body Guard 38's

This is a discussion on S&W Body Guard 38's within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a few different snubbies and I have looked into these and I think I need one. Any pro's or con's before I pick ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wmhawth

Thread: S&W Body Guard 38's

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar

S&W Body Guard 38's

I have a few different snubbies and I have looked into these and I think I need one. Any pro's or con's before I pick one up??? LGS just advertised them on sale for $399 I am kinda thinking why not at that price.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Dragman View Post
    I have a few different snubbies and I have looked into these and I think I need one. Any pro's or con's before I pick one up??? LGS just advertised them on sale for $399 I am kinda thinking why not at that price.
    I wanted to have the ability to shoot single action. No other advantage over any other light weight hammerless pocket gun that I can think of.
    Attached Images
    bmcgilvray likes this.

I just found them to be rather bulky compared to other small revolvers.

I am talking about the hammerless BG 38 with the laser the new ones.
    Attached Images
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

thinking of one for my wife, I prefer a ruger security six, or a S&W 66, but for a lot less, and including the laser I dont think you can go wrong.

I am talking about the hammerless BG 38 with the laser the new ones.
    I did a quick check on local prices on the gun you are thinking of and the price you mentioned in the OP comes in under sale prices here. I say go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    I did a quick check on local prices on the gun you are thinking of and the price you mentioned in the OP comes in under sale prices here. I say go for it.
    Thats kinda what I was thinking I hate buying stuff just cuz it's priced good, but oh well sometimes.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    I have one, bought mine just after Christmas. I wound up paying $429.00 at a gun show. I love it. It is so light, and thin and comfortable to carry I actually have to "check" sometimes to see if it's there or not. I carry mine in a "Remora" appendix style mostly, occasionally I'll move it to about 3:00 or 3:15 if the mood strikes me. I've found it to be very accurate for a short barrel. I have absolutely no regrets.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    my momma carries one and loves it. definatley a sweet little revolver, on occasion ive swapped my 642 for her bodyguard and it carries very well
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Thats kinda what I was thinking I hate buying stuff just cuz it's priced good, but oh well sometimes.
    You're just being a smart consumer!

At least you're buying cases of ammo in calibers you don't even shoot...
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I grabbed one this morning! Killer price they have a pile of them.

My wife loves hers. If she's going to shoot over 50 rounds or so she'll wear her shooting glove. Under 50 rounds doesn't seem to bother her.

I'm quite surprised how accurate this little revolver is at 7-10 yards.

Jim
    Attached Images

I purchased one for my wife some months back and she uses it for a home defense weapon. The laser works as advertised and like others have already stated it is surprisingly accurate. The trigger also seems smoother than the other S&W J frames I own. Well worth the money - JMHO.
    God bless our troops!

Since i've only seen pictures of this newer BG 38 w/built in laser >
    Is the grip interchangeable?
    Seems like it's 1 piece & it would have to be cut-out to put other grips on.
    There are 4 shops here that sell guns
    County population about 32K
    When i go to the city, a 3 hour drive, one of their shops has many more guns than all 4 of the ones here/deprived ......

I have both the S&W bodygaurd 38 and the Ruger LCR .38. Both are fine guns and both will do the job if needed. I personally prefer the Ruger its recoil is more of a push back as opposed to the snapping roll of the S&W. This of course is all due to the bore axis of both guns. Neither is a bad gun and I would never claim they are I just like the Ruger more the recoil is better and it fits my hand way better also. The S&W is very accurate for a snubbie.

Links