S & W 342 PD (pre lock)

This is a discussion on S & W 342 PD (pre lock) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Dear Folks: What is the current value of a gently used S & W (excellent condition) 342PD (+P) pre lock? I'm looking to get something ...

Thread: S & W 342 PD (pre lock)

S & W 342 PD (pre lock)

Dear Folks:

What is the current value of a gently used S & W (excellent condition) 342PD (+P) pre lock?

I'm looking to get something with a bit more capacity and want to sell my current off duty carry gun for a fair price.

Thanks to all who respond.

Acroreef

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    there is a site for that but i am not sure i can type it here...broker.com....see what people are asking and than try 'completed sales' for what people really think they are worth

Smith & Wesson S&W 342 Air LiteTi 38spl+p Titanium....about 600 delivered

please don't take for gospel....you do not say 'ti' and is yours wood grip with box and papers?
    you should try local gun store and look in their Blue Book. than the price floats regionally and with
    the seasons...and if the store already has 2 of them they may not even offer on yours.

if its that its light weight makes it NO fun to shoot and thats why you are trading...may i suggest practicing with
    LSWC's and for carry...use the same. it drills a devastating wound. and accuracy trumps power (within reason).
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

A 342 PD, i guess, isn't made anymore?
    It's not on the S&W site; but then again i miss things when they are stare'n me in the face
    You posted +p so it's a .38 not a .357?
    All steel or an alloy frame?
    SnW sure keeps their value

My LGS has some similiar condition 342's for sale between 500-550. They have been on the shelf a while but I think they are priced right.

Quote Originally Posted by danlct View Post
    A 342 PD, i guess, isn't made anymore?
    It's not on the S&W site; but then again i miss things when they are stare'n me in the face
    You posted +p so it's a .38 not a .357?
    All steel or an alloy frame?
    SnW sure keeps their value
    The 342PD was a Centennial (hammerless) style .38spl j-frame with a scandium frame and titanium cylinder, IIRC it weighed 10.8oz empty. Great guns for carry, not so much for shooting if you have recoil issues. Depending on condition and if it still has the box, papers, etc, and how fast you want to move it I'd say that you're looking in the $450-$550 range. List it in the classifieds on the S&W forum and you'll find someone that wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by jayz View Post
    My LGS has some similiar condition 342's for sale between 500-550. They have been on the shelf a while but I think they are priced right.
    If they're not moving then they're not priced right for the local market, regardless of what the shop or the blue book say they're worth.

I'm interested in you 342 pd if you still have it for sale.

Links