Cabot Gun 1911's

This is a discussion on Cabot Gun 1911's within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for more info on them?? they are a new manufacturer around my area for high end 1911's basically $4000 and up from my understanding. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabot Gun 1911's

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar

Cabot Gun 1911's

Looking for more info on them?? they are a new manufacturer around my area for high end 1911's basically $4000 and up from my understanding. Just wanna know if anyone has any info on them???
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

2. Remove Ads

A good friend of mine lives just down the street from them and knows the owners very well. He says they are great people and it should be reflected in the product. Their website has a lot of info. I love my 1911's but way more than I would be willing to pay for one.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

Senior Moderator
    I am having a hard time seeing why one must pay 4000 bucks for a decent 1911.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Administrator
    Here Go Da Link
    http://cabotgun.com

I am going to a shoot sponsered by them to play with there guns tomorrow. My gun smith is going and I am tagging along. I can hardly wait!! the only problem is I can see this being a problem if I like them cuz I don't have $4000 in the piggie bank. I have always said $2000 is my limit for a 1911, so we will see tomorrow if they can change that.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    GI Classic

So they build a "GI" replica with off the shelf parts and nonstandard features , then sell it for $4000 ?
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Administrator
    Pretty Fancy Stuff. Beautiful Firearm.

CLICK ON THE PIC.

Quote Originally Posted by AKsrule View Post
    GI Classic

So they build a "GI" replica with off the shelf parts and nonstandard features , then sell it for $4000 ?
    Yeah SA 1911-A1 is about $3600.00 cheaper
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I don't know that the $4000 price tag is out of line?? NightHawk customs can cost that without a problem as well as some wilsons. I am going today at noon to shoot them I will give a report on how well I like them and as to what they compare to.

Well they shoot! I liked them and they are making a lot of different models from the plain jane original with plastic grips clean up to the fully enhanced with the desert ironwood grips! I just might have to get one, though I am not sure what kinda production numbers they will be putting out this year. I am hearing 50ish for 2011 and between 250-500 for 2012. The fit and finish on these guns is second to none I can't so much speak for the accuracy as I only got to shoot about 50 rounds and there were like 15 people shooting so I couldn't see my target before someone else shot it. I am sure they shoot just as good as they look though.
    Attached Images

I will have one for a "test" gun in the shop by the first of August I am told. These guns are crazy nice if you get a chance to checkone out DO IT! slide and frame are cut from solid billet steel and are tested to unbelievable lengths. these guns have the nicest frame slide fit I have ever seen and they are purely done on a machine "no hand lapping" Each gun has a birth ceritficate of sorts that gives you all the guns specific specs from the first cut to the last piece of checkering. And you gotta love a gun (1911) that has ALL it's parts down to the screws researched back to be proven 100% american no one else does that.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Nice grips.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

One word "Kimber" ... and I will see you mine for 4K. What a deal! (See pic at left)
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

OD*
    I'm afraid I'll have to pass.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

I don't know.......I'm no saint and buy things I don't need, but at 4 grand it's hard to get the image out of my head of children dying of hunger in far off places and other such things even as I write this.

I made a rule for myself and stuck to it last Christmas: whatever I spend on myself for real non-essentials, I have to give the same amount to a family member who needs money or to charity. After that, I'll buy my thingy. If I can't afford both, my thingy waits until I can and until then it's no-go.

Just me.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links