New Glock owner

New Glock owner

This is a discussion on New Glock owner within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Earlier this morning (6:30 A.M.) I had my yearly check up for cancer. Will be 13 years out next month (exposure to Agent Orange). Thankfully, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Glock owner

New Glock owner

Earlier this morning (6:30 A.M.) I had my yearly check up for cancer. Will be 13 years out next month (exposure to Agent Orange). Thankfully, all went well!

After breakfast, my wife and I visited Atlantic Tactical (Harrisburg). I left with a new Glock 19 (gen 4), night sights, three 15 rounds mag's, 200 rounds of Winchester 147 GR TCMC, 50 rounds of Winchester Ranger 124 GR T-Series +P, and a Blackhawk holster for $632.

Hope to get to the range tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone who helped me in an earlier post.

Mike
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Thanks for your service, Praise the Lord for the checkup and congrats on your new purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by greenchicken View Post
    Thanks for your service, Praise the Lord for the checkup and congrats on your new purchase.
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
    Earlier this morning (6:30 A.M.) I had my yearly check up for cancer. Will be 13 years out next month (exposure to Agent Orange). Thankfully, all went well! Mike
    Congratulations, Mike!

Best!

D~
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

So glad all is well with your health. I salute you for your service. You made a good choice. I have a Gen 4 G22 and it is GREAT. Let us know how she does for ya.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

You did well, test it out with 115 grain ammo to make sure it cycles seeing it is a gen 4.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Congrats on the Great checkup! I saw that you picked up some "Ranger T's 124 gr. +p I bought 2 boxes awhile back myself for my M&P. If you have a way to recover a couple after firing, do it. Those things are scary looking after they've opened up. Heck of a defensive round.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    You did well, test it out with 115 grain ammo to make sure it cycles seeing it is a gen 4.
    I had reservations with the Gen 4 but the overall cost was too good to pass up. Atlantic Tactical only sells firearms to LEO and Military so when I asked for a Gen 3 they assured me the 4 was solid and had just arrived. I will send an update when I return from the range. Thanks for you help in my earlier thread.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    Congrats on the Great checkup! I saw that you picked up some "Ranger T's 124 gr. +p I bought 2 boxes awhile back myself for my M&P. If you have a way to recover a couple after firing, do it. Those things are scary looking after they've opened up. Heck of a defensive round.
    Will do! I purchased them for EDC but I will test fire a few and take a look.

Congratulations on the doctor visit and Glock!
    " The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissenger

The newest spring assembly (0-4-1 assembly) has done away with 99% of the feeding issues with weak ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
    Will do! I purchased them for EDC but I will test fire a few and take a look.
    Congrats on a doubly good day. Please one request though, do not trust ANY round for carry until you have run at least a box though with no malfunctions. Even better to do a couple of boxes (100 rounds+). I've had Glocks that would function flawlessly with everything under the sun and then other Glocks of the same model that had a dislike for certain ammo types and would have a malfunction after 20 to 50 successful shots.

Please, don't scrimp on validating your carry ammo. Range ammo is one thing but carry needs the extra piece of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleipnir View Post
    The newest spring assembly (0-4-1 assembly) has done away with 99% of the feeding issues with weak ammo.
    I am fully aware of this, but how do you know how long that weapon has been in stock? Does it have the new spring or the old spring? better to find out now while testing and familiarizing yourself with the weapon.

I am fully aware of this, but how do you know how long that weapon has been in stock? Does it have the new spring or the old spring? better to find out now while testing and familiarizing yourself with the weapon.
    Ah yeah, true, I forgot about that...one of the perks of living close to Smyrna, Georgia I suppose, we get all the upgrades first.

Quote Originally Posted by greenchicken View Post
    Amen! Enjoy your new GLOCK!
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links