Diamondback DB9

This is a discussion on Diamondback DB9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You know, originally, I was trying very hard to get a DB9, but I could not (they're really still just starting to ship). I didn't ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Diamondback DB9

You know, originally, I was trying very hard to get a DB9, but I could not (they're really still just starting to ship). I didn't realize it at the time, but I'm glad that happened. I would've never found the CM9 otherwise. I remember reading about the CM9 when it was originally announced, but I had forgotten about it. Really, I guess I wrote the PM9 off as something a bit too big for what I was looking for. But I'm glad I stumbled across the CM9 again (somehow), and did some investigating to find out it really wasn't too different.

I was actually still set to buy a DB9 but something kept bothering me, and the nicer fit + slide lock of the CM9, plus the positive things people say about the trigger and shootability kept nawing at me. Eventually the Kahr won. Strange how what you consider to be a defeat at one point turns out to be a fortunate happening later on.

2. Remove Ads

Thumbs up I have one & love it.

I bought a DB9 about two weeks ago. I must admit that I did have a couple of issues early on, but found that I had met the enemy and it was me. You CAN'T limp wrist this gun at all. It will stove pipe on you. It has a VERY tight spring, so getting that first round in requires pulling the slide ALL the way back and letting it go. Since it's a narrow slide, gripping it tightly to pull it back with that spring takes getting used to.

Once I got past those issues, it's fired everything I've put through it:

• Sellier & Bellot 9 x 19 (cheapest I could find)
    • Winchester 147 gr. JHP
    • CorBon 115 gr. +P

I didn't put but three magazines of the CorBon through, due to cost, but no problems. I've fired about 300 rounds of the Sellier & Bellot.

It is a handful, and I'm still working for more accuracy, as I know I'm flinching. However, it's absolutely a perfect carry gun, as it drops into a back pocket and disappears. I bought an Uncle George holster made for it, but I'm not using it. I found that it was high enough to still allow even the larger pockets I found to gap open at times. I went to WalMart and found some jeans with larger back pockets for $20 a pair. I then took a piece of thin hard material from an old iPad case, cut it smaller than the Uncle George holster back piece to place in the pocket to hide printing of the gun shape, and it works great. I cant the gun backward, and it totally disappears in the back pocket, with the pocket folding over so it doesn't gap open. I draw with two fingers and no problems, yet there is no chance of anyone seeing the gun.

I can only say that I am totally happy with the DB9 due to the small size, and at a great price of around $378 total with shipping at BudsGunShop.com.

I too ended up buying one at a show a few weeks back for $350, and have found that even though according to specs it looks to be a hair smaller than my Keltec PF9, when comparing them together there is a noticeable difference. The DB9 fits comfortably in my front pocket whereas my PF9 does not, but the PF9 is more of a cargo pocket gun for me. God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
    Looks like a nice gun, but according to the specs it is just a hair smaller than my Keltec PF9 weighs the same but only 6+1 whereas my Keltec is a 7+1. I will just keep my Keltec God Bless

I am waiting for the DB9 to be out for a year and then I may be in line for one, that is if the Kahr CM9 doesn't come home with me before hand. If everything works out for the DB9 I could see this one challenging the other inexpensive pocket nines.
    God bless our troops!

This little gun caught my eye as well. A buddy of mine just got an LC9 which I love & am planning on getting. This is smaller & lighter though... I'm just a bit concerned about how it will hold up though, & the shootability of the gun vs something like the LC9.

Saw one at the shop I got my Glock at.....the grip was OK but i didn't like the fact the mag wasn't a drop type, you had to pull it out

Diamondback

I must admit, this guns has piqued my interest. Hmmm.

eb
    I was interested in this one as well, until I watched this:

Diamondback DB9 exploded!!! - YouTube

I sent My DB 380 into the shop and they installed a new lower end and extractor on it , . took it out last weekend and shot it .. no more jams of any kind.. very nice....

twc
    Has anyone shot both? Word on the street is the db380 shoots softer than the other pocket 380's but the db9 is snappier than a pf9.

For me the DB9 has the snappiest recoil. The PF9 comes second and the LC9 has the least recoil of the 3. The DB9 kind of jumped in my hand like my LCP does.

I haven't ever shot the Kahrs, Sig 290, Taurus micro 9, Rohrbaugh etc so I can't compare to those.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I have the Diamondback DB9 and the Keltec PF9 and I think the DB9 is easier to shoot even though it has a little more recoil or snap than the PF9. I have about 1000+ rounds through my PF9 and about 500+ through my DB9 with no problems with both. Again just my experience and opinion. God Bless

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Wait a minute here.... I thought everyone jumped on the 9mm bandwagon not because it was a powerful manstopper and would blow your head clean off, but because of its ability to carry an excessive number of rounds in a smaller package than larger calibers. Now everyone one wants a 6-7 round single stack?

The fickle public . . . go figure.

But until Diamondback proves the 9mm is more reliable than its .380, no thanks.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Wait a minute here.... I thought everyone jumped on the 9mm bandwagon not because it was a powerful manstopper and would blow your head clean off, but because of its ability to carry an excessive number of rounds in a smaller package than larger calibers. Now everyone one wants a 6-7 round single stack?

The fickle public . . . go figure.

But until Diamondback proves the 9mm is more reliable than its .380, no thanks.
    Sure, in a full size double stack gun the bandwagon your talking about makes sense...the issue at hand right now is size. The DB9 is one of the few actually pocket-able 9mm's, allowing you a fairly respected cartridge in the pocket of your board shorts.

After doing a little bit of research on the DB9 I very much like it's general design and simplicity of use (no safety, no bulky slide lock, exc. exc. just gun), that lends itself to being a true self defense gun IMO. It does appear though that they have a few kinks to work out in the guns basic function. Give it a year as someone else said.
    zonker1986 likes this.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Paul if u have a older BD 380 send it back they will update everything made all the difference will even shoot weak hand now. no chance before sending it in,,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links