Diamondback DB9 - Page 3

Diamondback DB9

This is a discussion on Diamondback DB9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have amended my opinion after more rounds fired and having to send the gun back to the factory. Please see my video:...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Diamondback DB9

I have amended my opinion after more rounds fired and having to send the gun back to the factory. Please see my video:

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I actually looked into it as I was in the market for a single stack 9mm. I just heard/read too many bad things about it to consider it for my EDC. I would have liked to have waited on the Beretta Nano, but to much uncertainty there. I ended up buying the Walther PPS instead. Nice gun. Range report to follow.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    I actually looked into it as I was in the market for a single stack 9mm. I just heard/read too many bad things about it to consider it for my EDC. I would have liked to have waited on the Beretta Nano, but to much uncertainty there. I ended up buying the Walther PPS instead. Nice gun. Range report to follow.
    The PPS is a great rig, my issue is that it's really not in the same category as the Khar or DB9. It's in between a pocket pistol and a subcompact if you ask me. There is no way I am sticking a PPS in my pocket. Great for IWB though!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I'll be purchasing the CM9 in the future.....just too many great qualities to pass up
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

Well I ended up buying the Kahr CM9 myself. There is just not a DB9 to be found in my area for me to even try out. The Kahr CM9 really solves my quest for a true concealed carry pistol.
    God bless our troops!

Quote Originally Posted by jimkimmons View Post
    I bought a DB9 about two weeks ago. I must admit that I did have a couple of issues early on, but found that I had met the enemy and it was me. You CAN'T limp wrist this gun at all. It will stove pipe on you. It has a VERY tight spring, so getting that first round in requires pulling the slide ALL the way back and letting it go. Since it's a narrow slide, gripping it tightly to pull it back with that spring takes getting used to.

Once I got past those issues, it's fired everything I've put through it:

• Sellier & Bellot 9 x 19 (cheapest I could find)
    • Winchester 147 gr. JHP
    • CorBon 115 gr. +P

I didn't put but three magazines of the CorBon through, due to cost, but no problems. I've fired about 300 rounds of the Sellier & Bellot.

It is a handful, and I'm still working for more accuracy, as I know I'm flinching. However, it's absolutely a perfect carry gun, as it drops into a back pocket and disappears. I bought an Uncle George holster made for it, but I'm not using it. I found that it was high enough to still allow even the larger pockets I found to gap open at times. I went to WalMart and found some jeans with larger back pockets for $20 a pair. I then took a piece of thin hard material from an old iPad case, cut it smaller than the Uncle George holster back piece to place in the pocket to hide printing of the gun shape, and it works great. I cant the gun backward, and it totally disappears in the back pocket, with the pocket folding over so it doesn't gap open. I draw with two fingers and no problems, yet there is no chance of anyone seeing the gun.

I can only say that I am totally happy with the DB9 due to the small size, and at a great price of around $378 total with shipping at BudsGunShop.com.
    How do you like it until this point? Would you recommend it? I'd like to buy it for a grab and go gun that is super small. I have a chance to buy it for $345. The size and ergonomics look promising. I'm hesitant about reliability, though.

Lifetime NRA Member
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Kahr vs DB9

Quote Originally Posted by CDRGlock View Post
    How do you like it until this point? Would you recommend it? I'd like to buy it for a grab and go gun that is super small. I have a chance to buy it for $345. The size and ergonomics look promising. I'm hesitant about reliability, though.

Lifetime NRA Member
    Well, I kept after it, and still never really built up enough trust to carry it full time. I have a Kahr CW40 I like, so ordered a Kahr CM9. It's just a tad wider, no longer, but around 4 ounces heavier. Actually, this I think makes it easier to control. I really like the Kahr CM9, and it's now my primary carry with Speer Gold Dot LE 115.

Here's a video comparing the two:

Quote Originally Posted by jimkimmons View Post
    Well, I kept after it, and still never really built up enough trust to carry it full time. I have a Kahr CW40 I like, so ordered a Kahr CM9. It's just a tad wider, no longer, but around 4 ounces heavier. Actually, this I think makes it easier to control. I really like the Kahr CM9, and it's now my primary carry with Speer Gold Dot LE 115.

Here's a video comparing the two:
    I liked the videos. What is the prefix of your gun's SN? I read the first 1000 had issues with followers on the mags, and the first 300 had issues with the ramps.

Have you seen the Diamondback Forums? They discuss the issues of users there. It may help solve the reliability issues.

I'm going to check some local FFLs here to see what they charge. If it's really high, above $30, I'll pass on the one I'm looking to get.

Lifetime NRA Member
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by CDRGlock View Post
    I liked the videos. What is the prefix of your gun's SN? I read the first 1000 had issues with followers on the mags, and the first 300 had issues with the ramps.

Have you seen the Diamondback Forums? They discuss the issues of users there. It may help solve the reliability issues.

I'm going to check some local FFLs here to see what they charge. If it's really high, above $30, I'll pass on the one I'm looking to get.

Lifetime NRA Member
    Not in the first 1000. I've been to the forums and sent pistol back once. Got shavings again after new frame. I have it, and keep it as a bedside, but not for carry. Much prefer the Kahr, which I fired again this weekend with great results with old Russian military steel cased ammo.

The one I'm getting is in the 4000s.

Lifetime NRA Member
    NRA, Lifetime Member

I plan on getting one as well! I have a hard time shelling out money for a thimble as it is, my main carry guns are all .40 and a above , but since I didnt want a .380 , I wanted a quality 9 ,I think the Diamondback proves itself , we'll see thats for sure , but I dont intend to waste a 1000 rounds through it , I might shoot 250 , but not a 1000 ! I just want to break it in and then rock in roll baby!

I took mine to a gunsmith. The gun was fine, the magazine needed a tweak. It fired 125/126 flawlessly. The misfeed was my error, I believe, not the gun's.

Lifetime NRA Member
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links