H&K P2000SK...who owns one?

This is a discussion on H&K P2000SK...who owns one? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a P2000SK in the .40 version. It is the LEM version as well. I carried it as an ankle gun on duty and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: H&K P2000SK...who owns one?

I have a P2000SK in the .40 version. It is the LEM version as well. I carried it as an ankle gun on duty and then carried it in a IWB holster when I was off. I find that it is a more "user friendly" weapon than the G26/27 because the grip can be adjusted. It shoots well, carries well, and is easy to maintain. I also have a USPC .40 and the full size USP .40. I have several Glocks as well (duty gun is G22). Now I carry my G27 because I can use the same mags. However, I would prefer to carry any one of my HK's. When I was in the Navy, active duty, we used MK23's. I would swear my life on HK's because it has been saved on more than one occasion. If anyone has any questions about the HK's or Glocks, please ask. I am a Glock Armorer as well. Thanks!! Stay safe.

2. Remove Ads

LOVE that gun! But I say that about most of the guns I own.

I 1st thought about the P2SK-40SW because I am a fan of the USP-C 40SW (see love 'em all), the mags will fit in the P2SK, like poly guns for weight issues. And the HK finish is really tough.

The recoil is a lil snappy vs 9mm or even my P239. The gun shoots better than I can hold and that lil grip is OK for me. That and a MS VMII holster on Rafter S belt, Blade-Tech combo mag/light, SF E2D.
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

My hand is an odd size also. But i'm a big fan of HK's . The Sk model just will not fit right in my hand. I guess i'll have to stick with the USPc in VAR1. It's the only thing short of a 1911 that feels "normal" in my hand.
    "When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in
    your back pocket.. If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel
    or the tooth fairy...and you're gonna be one of 'em pretty soon."

Clint Smith

I owned an HK P2000SK. I sold it after about 1000 rounds. I shot every round no problem and felt like a quality gun.

The down side is that mags are $40 a pop, the mag release is not like every other gun and is an ambi lever below the trigger. The one I had was Type 3, DA/SA and that first pull was extremely long. They cost top dollar new, finding someone to work on them is not easy and lastly and this is more my problem then the gun but for some reason every time I shot this gun (.40) I would get a blister on my thumb joint from where the beaver tail area would hit on recoil. No matter how I adjust or what back strap I would use it was the same thing.

My opinion.
    Get a Glock. Please no flames. Mags are cheaper, gun is just as reliable, industry standard and is not as expensive. Parts are widely available. This is just my opinion and it was not always. I bought the HK instead of the Glock. In the end it took a while to sell off the HK and I bought the Glock.

Good luck on you purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Landor View Post

My opinion.
    Get a Glock. Please no flames. Mags are cheaper, gun is just as reliable, industry standard and is not as expensive. Parts are widely available. This is just my opinion and it was not always. I bought the HK instead of the Glock. In the end it took a while to sell off the HK and I bought the Glock.

Good luck on you purchase.
    I've had glocks in the past and this is not meant as a flame. Comparing the 2 is not really fair. HK makes many configs out of the box and glock makes.....well glocks. You cant get a glock in var1. or with HK's trigger. They are different products meant to supply different users. I'll stand behind my opinion that Hk made the first "real" .40. While I don't own a HK in 40, I would purchase one without a thought. The only way I would buy another glock is if it was something odd (glock 25) or really a good deal (less than 300.00). If HK is not an option for you throw in the XD9. The quality is just as good as a glock.
    "When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in
    your back pocket.. If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel
    or the tooth fairy...and you're gonna be one of 'em pretty soon."

Clint Smith

I (well, my wife) owns the P2000 full size. It has quite a bit of muzzle flip. I would assume the SK has even more.

Personally, I prefer the XD compact line. If the adjustable backstrap is your thing, try the S and W M & P.
    "Eliminating guns does not eliminate crime" - Ronald Reagan.

Member:
    NRA / Ohioans For Conceal Carry / GOA

I reluctantly sold my P2000 yesterday. It had been my every day carry gun. It was a great pistol, never had a single malfunction of any kind. Mine was a .40. I didn't think it was especially flippy, but I liked it because the front sight settled back into place very consistently so you could still shoot fast. I had a V3 DA/SA, as I really don't like the LEM. I am replacing it with a M&P.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n_America View Post
    This is where I found out that the P2000sk just would not fit my hand. The short grip (with finger extended mag) would not allow for a full (3) finger grip without all (3) fingers being totally smashed together.
    My fiancee has the P2000sk and I have the same problem. It shoots well but I think the grip is a little short for most men.

So -- the P2000sk isn't for me but she loves it. It is made like an H&K and it shoots like an H&K.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    I put one in layaway today. I love the feel of this pistol. It's basicaly the same size as my G23c, and the G19 plus it has night sights and the LEM trigger. I don't think $700.00 was too bad.

I work with CBP Air and Marine and they recently turned in their Glocks and started carrying the P2000's....I've talked to a few of them and get a mixed review on them...some of them really like them, and some of them hate them. Some complaints were that they were not comfortable and some had problems with the mag release...others had nothing bad to say.
    Better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6

Aviation Machinist's Mate USN 93-97
    NAF Atsugi, Japan CVW 5
    CV62 USS Independence
    HS-12 Wyverns, VS-21 Fighting Redtails

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links