FN FNX 9 or the CZ 75 looking at getting one.

This is a discussion on FN FNX 9 or the CZ 75 looking at getting one. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The FNX 9 and CZ 75 look like a well built guns, I am looking for a DA/SA trigger high capacity 9mm . If you ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SIXTO

Thread: FN FNX 9 or the CZ 75 looking at getting one.

FN FNX 9 or the CZ 75 looking at getting one.

The FNX 9 and CZ 75 look like a well built guns, I am looking for a DA/SA trigger high capacity 9mm. If you have any of the FN or CZ pistols I would like to hear from you.

2. Remove Ads

I have 2 friends with CZs. One has a CZ75. The other has a CZ85. They both love them. Well proven design that's very accurate. Shoots just about any ammo without a problem.

Only reason I don't have one is my small hands. I just can't reach the trigger in DA mode without turning the gun in my hand.
    Question Everything!

VIP Member
    I have the CZ75 P-01 and P-06, my wife has a CZ75 Compact. All of them have been flawless in operation, accuracy is very good on them all and they are probably some of the best ergonomically designed guns on the market. While relatively new to the US market CZ has been in the firearms industry for over 75 years. Their guns are built tough and have been a standard in military and police sidearms throughout Europe for many years. IMO for the price you'll pay for a CZ you can't beat it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Not sure about the FNX but I briefly had a FNP 40 and did not care for it.

Don't get me wrong, it was a good, comfortable gun, just the ergonomics of the de-cocker were incompatible with my 5 years of Baby Eagle [CZ clone] muscle memory and thumbs forward positioning.

I've shot a friends CZ75B and liked it. A bit more felt recoil compared to my BE .40 using the same ammo.

You are the one who has to carry and shoot it. Go with what feels best for you. Both are reliable weapons. IMO I'd go with the CZ, or throw a Baby Eagle into the mix for consideration.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

I have the FNP 9 and it is my favorite pistol. I have not shot a CZ, but I hear they are excellent. Tough decision. It should probably come down to which shoots the best for you (you could get both).
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Administrator
    The Cz75 is an awesome gun, probably one of the most underrated designs from the most underrated company in the firearms world.
    RoadRunner71 likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

It depends on what you are going to do. I have both a CZ75B and and FNP-9. They are both great guns and shoot really well. The CZ is a metal gun and weighs more but the FN has really good recoil management for a poly gun. If you are going to carry it weight will be a concern and the FN would win out. The FN trigger is really smooth as well. You really need to handle the guns and see which trigger fits your hand better. The CZ is somewhat of a long reach for some. The CZ is a very proven gun and the FNX is relatively new. If I could only purchase one and it was going to be a range/house gun I would purchase the CZ. Otherwise I would probably buy them both.

Yup, get both, try them for a week or so. Shoot an IDPA or USPSA match with them, not just target shooting.

I did the same with an XD40 and the FNP40. Range shooting I liked them both, but when it came to shooting a match, that is when I found out that neither weapon played well with my grip and shooting style. Yes, a great deal had to do with comparing it to my Baby Eagle, and I would have given both more time to get used to if one of them was going to become my primary, which they weren't. They were being considered as an alternate or fall back in the event of catastrophic failure in my primary since at the time the Baby Eagles were no-loner imported and darn hard to find (XD40 + gear still for sale).

You are going to take a hit on resale of a "used" gun, but well worth it to make the best decision.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

VIP Member
    They are both very good guns from very good makers. Choose the one that feels best to you. I prefer CZ.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

I have an FNP45 and a CZ PCR. Both are great guns. They are both accurate, neither has failed and they are well built. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Get both.
    Ignorance can be cured. Stupid is forever.

My buddy has a FNP 9mm. I am just a bit a way from buying the FNX 9mm or the FNP -45. I have handled a few CZ and shot 1. ( I can't remember which, it was 9mm) Good guns, but not favorite.

Weight wise the polymer may be a good choice (21oz FNX, 32oz CZ). But the FNX has larger dimensions. FNX holds 17+1 CZ-75 holds 14+1. They both excel at different things. They both are reliable, well made weapons.

I don't think you could go wrong with either. Now you have to decide which attributes are more desirable to you.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I have an FNP9 and it is an excellent gun and I really like it. I have only handled the CZ, and I almost bought one but decided I would not be comfortable carrying it because of its weight.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

CZ ftw
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

VIP Member
    CZ all the way. My CZ75b is a remarkable shooter. If you are looking for a light weight carry gun, it might not be for you though. I like to have a little heft to my guns, so, for me, it is a great choice.

Good luck!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Links