Enjoyed some Glock Perfection this AM

This is a discussion on Enjoyed some Glock Perfection this AM within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just came back from experiencing some of that well known Glock perfection. Took my new 3rd generation G19 out and shot the first 150 rounds. ...

Thread: Enjoyed some Glock Perfection this AM

Just came back from experiencing some of that well known Glock perfection. Took my new 3rd generation G19 out and shot the first 150 rounds. Absolutely trouble free. My son went with me and he shot his 3rd generation G23, a .40 cal. pistol the same size as the G19. My only complaint is the difficulty I had getting the 14th and 15th rounds into the magazine. Really tough.

Anyway, the G19 is a great gun. Reliable and accurate though, I need to compare the G19 to the G26 for accuracy. My gut feeling is the G26 is more accurate, even though that makes no sense.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Congrats on the new gun! It's always nice to hear about family members enjoying a shooting outing together. You made a good choice.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Good on ya ! Try using the Glock magazine loader that came with the pistol. It can make a difference.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

You will never regret this purchase...Shooters Plus - Maglula UpLula Pistol Magazine Loader

Not a problem with my G-36 mags either...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    You will never regret this purchase...Shooters Plus - Maglula UpLula Pistol Magazine Loader

Not a problem with my G-36 mags either...
    +1 on the Maglulu. My favorite tool for the task. Add it to Glock perfection for a perfect day.

I have a Gen 3 and a Gen 4, love them both but there is something about the Gen 4 I love -- maybe the overall performance and operation. Very smooth!
    - SNA -

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have" -- Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member
    The Glock 19 is the smile gun. (well, one of them)

:

You're right Cammo Girl. the G19 was a joy to shoot. I think my son was envious of the groups I was getting.

I purchased a Glock 19 Gen 4 last Wednesday. On Thursday, I shot 200 rounds with no issues. Like you, I had a dickens of a time inserting the 15th round and got a blood blister. I did try the Glock mag loader but was not successful. If I can not get the Glock mag loader to work I will get the UpLula.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

The trick to the Glock mag loader is to let up pressure on it just as soon as you get the rim of the round beneath the little metal lip of the magazine. Then it slides right in.

Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
    I purchased a Glock 19 Gen 4 last Wednesday. On Thursday, I shot 200 rounds with no issues. Like you, I had a dickens of a time inserting the 15th round and got a blood blister. I did try the Glock mag loader but was not successful. If I can not get the Glock mag loader to work I will get the UpLula.
    gice it some time, the mags will become easier to load

Quote Originally Posted by Willieboy View Post
    Anyway, the G19 is a great gun. Reliable and accurate though, I need to compare the G19 to the G26 for accuracy. My gut feeling is the G26 is more accurate, even though that makes no sense.
    It is strange, but I slightly shoot my G26 better than my G17 for accuracy. It is amazing to me how accurate the G26 can be for such a small package. Now, I shoot the G17 much better and quicker when doing drills while training.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Well that 19 is the best overall gun in the Glock inventory IMO. I have the 23 and love it but a 19 will be bought eventually.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Well that 19 is the best overall gun in the Glock inventory IMO. I have the 23 and love it but a 19 will be bought eventually.
    jwhite: Your one of my favorite posters on this forum and I respect your opinion(s) alot. But just out of curiousity? How come you don't want to purchase a G19 barrel and convert your G23 to shoot 9mm instead of purchasing a G19?

Are you interested in getting a 4th Gen Glock? And since you don't own a G19 this appeals to you?

Would you just like to have a G19 to your collection?

Both?

Just curious. I've added a LW 9mm barrel to my 2nd Gen G23 and haven't had any issues, so I don't feel the need to buy a G19. Unless the $$ is right of course . As you can never have enough good glocks in your collection either.
    "Get rid of that chrome plated sissy pistol and get yourself a GLOCK"

Quote Originally Posted by WvHiker View Post
    The trick to the Glock mag loader is to let up pressure on it just as soon as you get the rim of the round beneath the little metal lip of the magazine. Then it slides right in.

Thanks for the tip!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Sponsored Links