Do you carry your most accurate what is it.

This is a discussion on Do you carry your most accurate what is it. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know we all have that one gun that just plain shoots where you aim it. That one gun that if you had to make ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Do you carry your most accurate what is it.

I know we all have that one gun that just plain shoots where you aim it. That one gun that if you had to make that one shot the gun you would choose. I am meaning handgun do you carry that gun. If so what is it.

Yes. For me it's a Ruger P345. While it's a full-sized handgun, it's also very thin and still holds 8+1 of .45 ACP. It makes a great CCW in my CBST, as well as a fine nightstand handgun. When loaded with Ranger T/PDX1 (230 gr), it's a very accurate gun and one I would trust to "make the shot" if needed.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

No, my go to gun if I had to make that one perfect shot is my Dan Wesson PM7. My normal carry is a SIG 1911 Compact with CT grips
    bigdog44 and RugerMak like this.

No, I carry the gun that I feel gives me the best chance to repeatedly put shots on target to stop the threat before I am incapacitated.

I am more accurate with a 7+ inch Redhawk but at 6 rounds and weight that resembles a dumbbell I can not match the self defense accuracy and speed of a 16 round Glock.

Not to mention trying to conceal the Redhawk would make you walk like you have a peg leg.

I wold not carry anything that I did not feel that I could make "that shot" with. I carry two different guns (92FS, GP100, .357) and both fall within the category.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Yes. My Glock 26 is my normal EDC. If I had to make "that" shot, I want that in my hands.
    walker2713 and Fitch like this.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

VIP Member
    I carry the gun I shoot the best with 100% of the time, when I'm not working. My Dan Wesson CBOB. If I'm working I carry my Kahr CW45, which I trust completely and shoots almost as good. Only reason I don't carry the DW is I have to leave it in the truck when I get to job sites and would much rather chance a $400 gun being stolen, rather than a $1600 gun.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Right now I carry a J-frame model 60 357, so the answer is no. Next week, the Kramer MSP I ordered is supposed to be here for my SIG 229 E2 40. Then the answer will be yes. Unless the M&P 357 SIG I got last week proves more accurate than the 229. If it does, once I get the Alessi PSS holster for that, I guess the answer would still be yes.

Out of the pistols I own. I shoot my Dan Wesson PM7 the most accuratly in a defensive caliber. But for CC I prefer my Glock 23.

The most accurate pistol I own is a Browning Buckmark. It shoots to where I point.
    Last edited by ksblazer; June 5th, 2011 at 03:33 PM.
    "Get rid of that chrome plated sissy pistol and get yourself a GLOCK"

Well I carry my Glock 22. I can shoot it pretty dang well. But today I got out my snubby, a S&W 637. I couldnt believe it, but I was putting tighter groups inside my G22 groups. I still believe I like the idea of 16 rounds of .40 better than the snubby.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Yep! My Glock-36...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

During the winter months I would say I do carry my most accurate gun, a G26. During the summer though, a change in wardrobe requires a change to a PM9. With the PM9, I think hitting center mass is a given at self defense ranges, but it's not as accurate as the G26.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    nope, im good with all my handguns but my 629 smith shoots where i point it and i dont want a 800 doller gun winding up in evidence if i need to defend myself
    NONAME762 likes this.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

I guess my current requirement is becoming paper plate or armadillo at 25 yrds.

I carry either my Glock 23 or my Kahr CW9 most of the time. Both are accurate (I have a couple hundred rounds through the CW9 now) but the most accurate gun I own, oddly enough is also my ugliest gun. It's my Star Ultrastar in .40 cal. It is an ugly gun. Tool marks on it, single stack but it feels like a double stack in the hand because of the thickness of the gun. But it is accurate as heck. It shoots exactly where I put the sights and it always works. Good luck trying to find holsters designed for it though.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links