Larger gun for AIWB

Larger gun for AIWB

This is a discussion on Larger gun for AIWB within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry primarily AIWB. I have been carrying a Glock 26 or a 642 for sometime. I am on the search for a new carry ...

Thread: Larger gun for AIWB

Larger gun for AIWB

I carry primarily AIWB. I have been carrying a Glock 26 or a 642 for sometime. I am on the search for a new carry gun. I have found that the abbreviated grips of my current carry while it aids in concealment but maybe not so much in grip. I know I prefer mine riding lower than most which I know hinders grip as well. I feel the longer barrel will also aid in stabalizing the gun as well as running beside my leg where the shorter barrel may ride on top of. Im just babbling sorta debating a Glock 17 or a 1911 or a Glock 36 at this time. Any suggestions.

Cool

All good choices of carry pieces on your part.

I carry a G-23 as my primary EDC, AIWB in a High Noon Public Secret holster. I also carry a G-36 in a Side Guard Quick Clip.

On those rare times when I can wear a sweatshirt or sweater I do carry a G-21 in a High Noon Mr. Softy.

That said sometimes when I am feeling really "Old School" carry my Hi-Power in a Garrity Changeling.

All these are carried AIWB at about 1-2 O'Clock.

photo.jpg

G-23 and Public Secret
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I now carry either a g22 or g23 very comfortably in a Dale Fricke Arch Angel (g23 size). I actually find the longer bbl of the 22 or 23 more comfortable then when I was toting a g27 in a soft leather holster.

ARCHANGEL APPENDIX CARRY AIWB (Appendix Inside the Waist Band)

Hope this helps.

dan

So far everyone that has posted also lives in a hot region. Anything more that shorts and t shirt is unbearable much of the year. I carried a Glock 17 the other day and was suprised how comfortable it was in my High noon Mr Softy for my 26. I guess I always assumed a full size gun meant huge

Glock 17 and Glock 29 with 15 round G20 mag and sleeve both in Dale Fricke Archangel holsters...... comfortable as can be. G17 photo in my colder weather wear for ya because it snows in winter where I am at ;)

IMG_0863 (Large).jpgIMG_1032 (Large).jpg

I'm experimenting with a 1911, aiwb using a public secret. It's a work in progress, but the 5" barrel isn't the detriment that I thought it would be.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Sponsored Links