S & w sw40e

S & w sw40e

This is a discussion on S & w sw40e within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Was wondering if any of yall owned or have shot this gun. What are the pros and cons. Thinging of getting one. Sorry its a ...

Thread: S & w sw40e

S & w sw40e

Was wondering if any of yall owned or have shot this gun. What are the pros and cons. Thinging of getting one. Sorry its a sw40ve.Got in a hurry typing.
    Last edited by alafan; June 8th, 2011 at 04:30 PM.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    sw40ve....yes?

its a glock with a 1911 grip angle. somewhat iffy in dependability and accuracy. mine is both and used for some IDPA, plates & pin matches but most of the time it is a house SD gun.

-->learn to strip your glock type guns without covering your hand during disassembly<----just think on it
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    You'll get a mixed bag of input on this so here is mine. I had a SW9VE. I sold it in order to upgrade to .40. And there I chose a Springfield XD40. For the time I had the SW9VE, I had not a single issue with it. Super easy to clean, fun to shoot and felt good in my hand. A lot of folks bash these pistols for a multitude of reasons but mainly the triger. Trigger stuff does not bother me one bit. If I have previously shot the thing, I know what to expect. All I can say is that mine was flawless.

I wish you the best!

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    My 9VE has been great. I've already tried to change my main carry with an M&P9 and a 1911. Both guns lost to my 9VE.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Nothing wrong with gun, The trigger takes alittle getting use to & if you can shoot one of the sigmas good , You will shoot the M&P GREAT, Of coures I'm talking about the 9mm not to get in a Caliber war, As stated Not a bad gun & as far as reliability
    the one I got has not hicup yet With thousand of rounds down the pipe To each his own ; )PS & most of those rounds were reloads !!
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Like the other posters, I have a 9mm Sigma and very satisfied. Breakdown for cleaning is easy. Weapon is accurate and yes, mine had a loooong heavy trigger pull. No regrets.

I have owned a 40VE for 6 years and have over 4k trouble free rounds down the pipe. I have carried it no problem and it is now my home defense gun with a light on it. I trust it and has feed and fired everything I have put through it.

Great grip and ergonomics, long trigger pull, gritty trigger at first and gets better with dry fire and live fire, trigger pull ends up being very close to a DA revolver and lots have been made. I'm not planning on selling mine.

Note: Because of the longer and heavier trigger it teaches you proper trigger control which makes you shoot all your guns much better.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

We have one where I work that's been a range rental for years with no problems. A gunsmith familiar with the design can improve the trigger pretty easy.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

See the post a few lines below "Started by Erick46590‎". Many opinions there...including mine.
    The man's nuts....grab 'em!
    A pistol free zone is a crime spree zone!
    NRA Life Member

Links