The Glock 19

This is a discussion on The Glock 19 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Being in a specialized unit within the Army we sometimes get some cool toys. At 0600 this morning as we were getting ready to go ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The Glock 19

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar

The Glock 19

Being in a specialized unit within the Army we sometimes get some cool toys. At 0600 this morning as we were getting ready to go to the small arms my company First Sergeant grabbed my team for a quick little briefing. After the little briefing he had setup two large black tuff boxes. We took a bag out of tuff box A and a box out of tuff box B. The bag consisted of 5 magazines each for the Glock 19. In the black box in tuff box consisted a brand new Glock 19. He explained that our missions sometimes requires us to wear civilian clothing and a Glock 19 is much more concealable than a M9. After the briefing and the issue of new weapons we promptly drew 12,000 rounds of 9mm and went to the range for the morning. Not a single issue with any of the new Glocks with 12,000 rounds fired. After the range session we went to a local zoo where we learned how to de worm live stock and gave a cow an enema.

The new Glocks were Gen 3
    Ianator and Luis50 like this.

2. Remove Ads

The Glock-19, is the perfect 9mm weapon.IMHO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    So what was more fun? The range or the zoo?
    enk5 and Guest1 like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    12,000 rounds out of bone-stock, brand new pistols is pretty good by any measure. No "break-in period" required, apparently...

And yes, the G19 is without a doubt one of the best "fighting" pistols ever made. Glad the Army is letting you guys have access to them.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

The 19 is the best overall combat carry handgun in the world overall, IMO You wont want your M9 back
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

SkySoldier, How do you like the ergonomics and shootability of your XD versus the 19?
    "You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body." CS Lewis

S&W .41 Mag - Colt DS - Ruger Single Six - Ruger Security Six - Buckmark-Beretta 21A - S&W 351PD 22 Mag- Spfld XD 9mm -- Plenty Of Long Guns--- Dry Powder and RCBS.

Hard to really say, I have not shot my XD in a few years. Its currently back at home. The best comparison I can make is the feel of my XD 9 to my G23. I've never been a huge fan of the Glock ergos but it has never been a show stopper for me. I like the grip angle of the XD better than Glocks, however the grip on the XD is a little bit small for my hands and my trigger finger is a little long for the XD. I think the XD is every bit as good as the Glock but it's just not my favorite weapon to shoot. I have not had any issues with the XD at all, I did get some bad after market magazines for it that don't feed well but that was the mags and not the gun.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    So what was more fun? The range or the zoo?
    I almost posted this exact question, verbatim, but I thought it would be rude as the first reply.

What unit is this, and is your CO a fan of "All Creatures Great and Small"?

Yep,I agree. And thats why the XD works for me, short fingers. I do really like the trigger too. Good luck with the bovine thing, and thanks for your service
    "You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body." CS Lewis

S&W .41 Mag - Colt DS - Ruger Single Six - Ruger Security Six - Buckmark-Beretta 21A - S&W 351PD 22 Mag- Spfld XD 9mm -- Plenty Of Long Guns--- Dry Powder and RCBS.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    I almost posted this exact question, verbatim, but I thought it would be rude as the first reply.

What unit is this, and is your CO a fan of "All Creatures Great and Small"?
    Ehh, I guess most people here know me well enough that I can get away with such antics. I hope most people know its just my sense of humor and enjoying a little chop busting.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Ehh, I guess most people here know me well enough that I can get away with such antics. I hope most people know its just my sense of humor and enjoying a little chop busting.
    I didn't give the enema, I had a West Point cadet with my team today we made her do it. She is from LA and has never really left the the confines of the big city. When we handed her the stuff the look on her face was priceless.
    jwhite75 likes this.

Glock 19's rock! Poor cadet!
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

The Glock 19 is simply a Master Piece of a gun
    I normally don't praise guns, and I do own a few , but man do I love my G19.

I sure hope they installed the marine spring cups in the Glocks BEFORE the enemas.

Purchased my first Glock last week and it was the 19. So for so good!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links