Defensive Carry banner

New Gun, Glock 30

5K views 28 replies 22 participants last post by  Taurus851 
#1 ·
I picked up my "new to me" Glock 30 today that I purchased from DC member Dragman (A1 guy to do business with, +111) and its pretty cool. My first Glock (although I have shot my buddy's G23 quite a bit). Looks brand new. I was surprised at the compactness of it and still has 10+1 capacity of .45ACP. Nice size carry gun, not much bigger than my XD40sc. Feels pretty good in hand, although my fingers are a little too thick for the grip grooves and mag. It is easily managable, just not the "fits like a glove" feeling. The trigger isn't bad at all, light, and short reset. Trigger reach is good, as is the reach to the mag release and slide release. Good balance, not too heavy. I'll post a range report as soon as I get to shoot it (which I hope to be SOON). I hope I am able to obtain as good an accuracy with it as I have with my XD40sc. The U sight on the back is distracting to me. I learned to shoot my focusing on the front sight and the bright U seems to draw my focus to it. If I like how it shoots, first thing will be a set of 3 dot night sights. Also a good carry rig. First things first though. All in all, seems like a nice carry package...and 10+1 of .45ACP is nothing to sneeze at. Here's the pic:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the "Dark Side" and congrats on your first Glock....

#3 ·
Nice! I lot of the best carry it, so they must know something. Cor Bon 185gr DPX will turn it into a G29.

#12 ·
Lets not get carried away love the .45ACP and I am a corbon guy myself, but if you want a 10MM either buy one or convert it with a barrel, mags and recoil spring. I have done both :smile:

BugDude, Glad you like the pistol! hope it was as good to you as it was to me. +1 to you for fast payment and great communication. :hand10:

#4 ·
Glock 30 is my primary carry gun. It's also my first ever gun, and would be my only and/or last gun, ever. It's a Glock, what you don't like in ergonomics, it'll make up for is reliability, durability and shootability. At times, I think it recoils less than my 5" 1911. It's pretty accurate too, if you do your part.

You're right, it's amazing the size of it, being able to hold 11 rounds. I've shot fulled sized double stacked 1911's that are 10+1 and the grip is long and bulky. The G30 grip is bulky, but it's short, even with the mag. They somehow managed to cram all those rounds into such a small pistol. Even my full sized USP in 12+1, only 2 more rounds, and a MUCH larger gun.

#18 ·
#11 ·
Congrats! G30 is a fine pistol.....I have G30sf and it the best shooting of all my Glocks! With a 3.5# trigger connector and polish job, it's "night and day" difference in trigger pull....! Good Luck!

#19 ·
Any 45 Glock is very accurate. The 30 is one of my favorites. Good pick.

#20 ·
I too have a Glock 30 that i carry on occasion. I like my crossbreed supertuck, but have a new SIde Guard OWB holster for a right hander that i cannot seem to get comfortable with. If you are interested in it, PM me, and i can send you some pics. Quality is perfect, but i could not find a comfortable spot for it. Bunker

#21 ·
BigDude,

You're going to love this gun...I love my G-36, but I do also have the '30'...probably the perfect .45...IMHO

Congrats on an excellent choice.:congrats:

#26 ·
I love my g30sf but with a g23 you could get a 357 sig barrel......357 sig is "a Bad Boy!!!". I have one in Sig p239 and love it! Just something to think about!

#27 ·
I put my first shots through the G30 tonight. Just 1 mag of FMJs shooting at spots of algea on a pond. It shot well, smooth, and pretty accurate at 20 yards. Functions fine. Hopefully I can get some time with actual targets soon to get a really good idea of the accuracy, but at this point at least I know it goes boom and how it feels when it does. I think I'll like it just fine.

#28 ·
I really like the G30 in the SF version.

Looking forward to a full fledged report

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.