New Gun, Glock 30

This is a discussion on New Gun, Glock 30 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up my "new to me" Glock 30 today that I purchased from DC member Dragman (A1 guy to do business with, +111) and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New Gun, Glock 30

New Gun, Glock 30

I picked up my "new to me" Glock 30 today that I purchased from DC member Dragman (A1 guy to do business with, +111) and its pretty cool. My first Glock (although I have shot my buddy's G23 quite a bit). Looks brand new. I was surprised at the compactness of it and still has 10+1 capacity of .45ACP. Nice size carry gun, not much bigger than my XD40sc. Feels pretty good in hand, although my fingers are a little too thick for the grip grooves and mag. It is easily managable, just not the "fits like a glove" feeling. The trigger isn't bad at all, light, and short reset. Trigger reach is good, as is the reach to the mag release and slide release. Good balance, not too heavy. I'll post a range report as soon as I get to shoot it (which I hope to be SOON). I hope I am able to obtain as good an accuracy with it as I have with my XD40sc. The U sight on the back is distracting to me. I learned to shoot my focusing on the front sight and the bright U seems to draw my focus to it. If I like how it shoots, first thing will be a set of 3 dot night sights. Also a good carry rig. First things first though. All in all, seems like a nice carry package...and 10+1 of .45ACP is nothing to sneeze at. Here's the pic:
    Attached Images
    RETSUPT99 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

2. Remove Ads

Welcome to the "Dark Side" and congrats on your first Glock....
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

VIP Member
    Nice! I lot of the best carry it, so they must know something. Cor Bon 185gr DPX will turn it into a G29.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

RKM
    Glock 30 is my primary carry gun. It's also my first ever gun, and would be my only and/or last gun, ever. It's a Glock, what you don't like in ergonomics, it'll make up for is reliability, durability and shootability. At times, I think it recoils less than my 5" 1911. It's pretty accurate too, if you do your part.

You're right, it's amazing the size of it, being able to hold 11 rounds. I've shot fulled sized double stacked 1911's that are 10+1 and the grip is long and bulky. The G30 grip is bulky, but it's short, even with the mag. They somehow managed to cram all those rounds into such a small pistol. Even my full sized USP in 12+1, only 2 more rounds, and a MUCH larger gun.

VIP Member
    Congratulations!

Great gun you've got there. Enjoy!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

GM
    Congrats and enjoy! Glad that you like it.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

The G30's are my car and truck gun. Love them! G36 is my front pocket gun. Have fun!
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Very nice! Congrats!
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Cool

Finally drank the kool-aid did ya ?

Good for you. Your first one is a good one.

You do know they tend to multiply.

photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I had this gun. I sold it almost right away. It was to be used for daily carry, but it was equal to a brick on my hip when stuffed with rounds. I bought the single stack G36, which is slightly better, but still a bit too heavy.
    Nice gun though.

Congrats! G30 is a fine pistol.....I have G30sf and it the best shooting of all my Glocks! With a 3.5# trigger connector and polish job, it's "night and day" difference in trigger pull....! Good Luck!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gunthorp View Post
    Nice! I lot of the best carry it, so they must know something. Cor Bon 185gr DPX will turn it into a G29.
    Lets not get carried away love the .45ACP and I am a corbon guy myself, but if you want a 10MM either buy one or convert it with a barrel, mags and recoil spring. I have done both

BugDude, Glad you like the pistol! hope it was as good to you as it was to me. +1 to you for fast payment and great communication.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

I love my G30, too. I always welcome the colder weather when I can put it into my EDC rotation. The beefy-ness of the gun keeps the recoil low, but I don't find it too heavy or bulky to carry, even with my normal EDC being a G23, G27, or my little kel-tec P3-AT.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragman View Post
    Lets not get carried away love the .45ACP and I am a corbon guy myself, but if you want a 10MM either buy one or convert it with a barrel, mags and recoil spring. I have done both ...
    ... And I have the 10mm conversion kit that Dragman bought for that gun . I'll be carrying the 10mm version in the woods tomorrow.

Dragman is becoming DC's favorite gun store.

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    ... And I have the 10mm conversion kit that Dragman bought for that gun . I'll be carrying the 10mm version in the woods tomorrow.

Dragman is becoming DC's favorite gun store.
    I buy and sell way to much for my own good sometimes. but why not it's all one big game. The 10mm kit was out of a different Glock 30 that I am keeping as I still have a 9X25 Dillon conversion for it. I just bought a 29 so I didn't need the 10 conversion.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links