Help me pick a smaller EDC? - Page 5

Help me pick a smaller EDC?

This is a discussion on Help me pick a smaller EDC? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by HpyAltitude MerryMama-I don't know if you're still checking for new replies since it's been 6+ months but I was just wondering what ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Help me pick a smaller EDC?

Quote Originally Posted by HpyAltitude View Post
    MerryMama-I don't know if you're still checking for new replies since it's been 6+ months but I was just wondering what you ended up doing. Did you get a smaller EDC, or if you're still carrying the Judge, how/where? I started CC-ing a couple months ago and I'm also a tee/tank & jeans (mostly tanks) kinda girl; in cool weather I just toss a zip-up hoodie or sweater over my tanks. Since I was already wearing "cover garments" I've got fall/winter concealment pretty much covered-pun totally intended -but I have no idea what I'm going to do when the weather gets warmer. I've been thinking the sleeveless-style sweaters would work for spring, but at some point even those will probably be too much.
    I'm still here. I've been meaning to update but time got away from me.

I ended up trading in my Judge for a Taurus .38 ultra lite revolver. It's easy to conceal in an IWB holster. I mostly wear jeans so I haven't had to explore other methods of carry but I'll gladly update when I do.

Oh yeah, and it's hammerless. I really prefer the lack of hammer for every day carry.

U made a wise decision. For most people that's all u will ever need for personal protection. Unless you become like a lot of us and keep buying, it's my hobby and addiction. What u got is a great weapon.

Ruger LCR is light, pretty accurate in self defense range and has great trigger. Put on a night sight and or laser.

I've been checking out the Taurus ultra-light revolvers too. Have you tried ankle carry with it? I'm thinking that's going to be my best bet for summer...I wouldn't have a problem giving up shorts if it means I can carry all summer.

Like Rodney Dangerfield, Kel-Tec don't get no respect( forgive the Rodney-ism!). The P11 with 10+1 is one you should give a look,IMO. It's 14 oz. unloaded and, loaded, is still less than the LC9, for instance.And cheaper!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

I've looked at the P11 at local shows and shops. I don't like the "feel" of it enough to buy w/out firing one first. There aren't any ranges that rent in my area and I don't know anyone who owns one.

Quote Originally Posted by HpyAltitude View Post
    I've been checking out the Taurus ultra-light revolvers too. Have you tried ankle carry with it? I'm thinking that's going to be my best bet for summer...I wouldn't have a problem giving up shorts if it means I can carry all summer.
    I haven't tried ankle carry with it but I think it would work well :)

Quote Originally Posted by MerryMama View Post
    I currently have a Taurus Judge Public Defender with a polymer body. It's a fine gun but I'm discovering it's a bit cumbersome.

I'm saving up for a new EDC and would love some suggestions. I'll most likely carry in an ankle holster or belly band. I favor revolvers but am not limiting my options.

Thanks
    S&W 642 in a Kramer holster. If that's too big, try a Seecamp 32 in the same type holster.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Sponsored Links