Price check: Walther PPS

This is a discussion on Price check: Walther PPS within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've looked at my LGS but I'm curious what you all think. What's a smoking hot price for a like new PPS 9mm? I mean ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BigBaddaBoom

Thread: Price check: Walther PPS

VIP Member

I've looked at my LGS but I'm curious what you all think. What's a smoking hot price for a like new PPS 9mm? I mean a price that can't be beat. A price that I should be falling over myself to buy it.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I've looked at my LGS but I'm curious what you all think. What's a smoking hot price for a like new PPS 9mm? I mean a price that can't be beat. A price that I should be falling over myself to buy it.
    Like new can mean a lot of things. To me it means less than 100 round through it, but you would not be able to tell if you had it and a new one side by side. $450.

A quick check online with Buds show them going for just under $600, and my LGS has them for $550. So, I'd say grab it at $500. Anything lower then that for NIB would be a true deal in my opinion. The lower price will make up for the cost of a extra magazine
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    "If you wish for peace, prepare for war"

Oh...like new? Would help if I read the dang post. $450 would be worth it....$400 whip the plastic out if in great shape.

Someone selling one?

These seem like a nice gun.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post
    Someone selling one?
    Me, in a few days. I want to price it to sell.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Oh...did I say $450?...that's a typo. I meant $350. And you shouldn't be bothered with having to haggle with a dealer or whomever...I'll take it from ya and save you the stress. It's just in me to be helpful like this.
    atctimmy likes this.

That guy is way off. $350 is way too much. When you figure it out let me know.

VIP Member
    Like new can mean a lot of things.
    Like new means that both my FFL dealer and I can't tell that it's ever been fired. I've been told that it has been fired a few times to make sure it works, but to look at it you would never know it. It looks brand new and pristine.

In order to comply with forum rules I'm going to let this thread die (I didn't intend for this thread to go this way, but I also didn't want to lie about it). Look for my post in the buy/sell forum soon. If either of you really want it send me a PM and I'll make you a sweet deal. Zep, if you want it I won't even post an ad for it. Let me know.

SFC
    I just purchased a new Walther PPS 9mm as carry defensive firearm. I have not shot it as of yet, but have read of the problems with this firearm. I was not particularlly fond of the magazine release and the back strap, but after a few tries the mag release is not too bad, the back strap is okay just do not understand why this was designed this way. Field stripping after the back strap is remove was easy and very simple, easy to clean. Assembly was very simple other than the back strap for the first time, it took me about five minutes to get it right, so tried it again and it went on easier.

I read about the ejection problems and all the other malfunctions but I also remember reading these same problems with the Glock when it was first became available in the USA. I will be shooting manufactured rounds not re-loads. I will go to the range next week and do some shooting, from what I have been reading the problems do not start until 2500 rounds or so have been shoot, so I hope to put a couple hundred rounds of hard ball down range looking for comfort, accuracy and any malfunctions. I am sort of waiting for a Ruger GP 100 to come in so I can shoot that one as well, although I have a couple of GP 100s from their first edition, but wanted their new one.
    Life Member DAV, NRA Member AZR&PA, IDPA, USPSA

Question

As a four year PPS owner -- a few things I learned.

1) there is no need to remove the backstrap when field stripping the pistol. Remove mag, ensure the pistol is unloaded, and simply pull the trigger.

2) the mag release is easily operated with either trigger finger or middle finger. A little practice makes this natural.

3) a limbsaver on handle does help and removes any fear of backstrap coming off.

4) most common malfunctions are due to limp wristing.

5) this pistol from the factory has very tight tolerances. A 500 or so round break in period is needed

6) at ppstalk.com there is a very good tutorial for initial break in and lubing to ease any problems.

My pps in .40 cal has never choked on a single round. Goes bang every time.

Sponsored Links