FNX 9 and FNP 45 thinking of get both?

This is a discussion on FNX 9 and FNP 45 thinking of get both? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just wondered how the owner shooters of FNH pistols like the guns overall, would you buy another one. I am in the market for a ...

Thread: FNX 9 and FNP 45 thinking of get both?

FNX 9 and FNP 45 thinking of get both?

Just wondered how the owner shooters of FNH pistols like the guns overall, would you buy another one.

I am in the market for a 9mm and a 45acp, I really want a DA/SA trigger so that is narrowing it down as to brands.

I have had Glock in 40 and 9mm, so I am not looking for the striker fired type of gun. Of the brands that have the SA/DA
    triggers the ones that I know of are Sig, CZ, HK and FNH are there any that I have missed?

2. Remove Ads

FN's are great guns. I have an FN tactical 45. Really a nice shooter. Find it fits my hand well and just is smooth to shoot. I have considered an FN 9mm as well in fact a member here on the forum in KY has one for sale.

Doubt you could go wrong with either. I find the FN's much like my USP. Quality.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

I lke the ergonomics of the FN line of pistols, but I can't seem to deal with the thumb safety/decocker. I use a thumb on top of thumb style of grip that works awesome for my 1911 and CZ-75, with the strong thumb resting on top of the thumb safety. If I do this on the FN pistols, I end up decocking the hammer and have to pull DA to get a shot off. I wish FN would just make the lever do one thing only. Either make it a decocker only, or a thumb safety only.

I have 2! Fnp 9 and 40. Im planning on the 45 tactical.
    I carry a .357mag because no one bickers about the .357mag being "enough".

VIP Member
    Don't have any experience with the FN line of pistols. As for other manufactures of SA/DA pistols, Bersa handguns fall into that category.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Links