Smith and wesson bodyguard .380 with laser first time shooting it.

This is a discussion on Smith and wesson bodyguard .380 with laser first time shooting it. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I went to the range on Saturday and shot my new gun. For not shooting to many hand gun in my life I did ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smith and wesson bodyguard .380 with laser first time shooting it.

Smith and wesson bodyguard .380 with laser first time shooting it.

Well I went to the range on Saturday and shot my new gun. For not shooting to many hand gun in my life I did not think I shot to bad with it. I shot a little over a 100 rounds throw it only had one miss fire. I will clean it tomorrow and see how that goes. I will also try and take a picture of the target so you all can see how I shot. If any one own this same gun any pointers would be nice.

2. Remove Ads

I did the same here with mine, took about 50 rounds to get used to the trigger pull. I see need to zero in the laser, It's low and to the right at 21ft.
    Shot about 200 rounds, I was please with the grouping using the open sights.

HTC Thunderbolt....4G Lightning Speed

Yea mine was shooting to the right. The trigger pull in real long. I could not sight in the laser it was too bright out side I could not see it very well. I shoot power balls, hollow points, and regulars throw it not much different in all them but I did have one miss fire on a hollow point. Other then that the gun did real good.

Misfire?... only one misfire?... For an EDC gun one misfire is a 100% failure rate.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    its kinda like an operation at a hospital that has a 90% success rate. but ask the doc 'what are my chances?'
    and the answer is you will 100% you will die or 100 % you will live.

statistics are good in groups but can rather suck if its just about the one of you.

find out why that round did not fire--light firing pin strike? perhaps caused by limp-wristing --
    did it happen near the end of your session or at the end of a long string of fire?
    did it fire the next time you chambered it?

some primers are harder than other, try different brands. if you have any more failours after the 300 round mark, have it looked at.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

i've had my bodyguard for less than a month and the spring that tensions the safety lever has broken in half. the safety won't stay in the up position anymore. lot of teething problems with this gun from what i've read. i hope smith wesson gets them all worked out because i like the ergonomics and accuracy of this gun. kahr p380 is the best .380 out there in my opinion but it's quite a bit more expensive so i took a chance on the bodyguard.....you get what you pay for i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    its kinda like an operation at a hospital that has a 90% success rate. but ask the doc 'what are my chances?'

statistics are good in groups but can rather suck if its just about the one of you.

find out why that round did not fire--light firing pin strike? perhaps caused by limp-wristing --
    did it happen near the end of your session or at the end of a long string of fire?

some primers are harder than other, try different brands. if you have any more failours after the 300 round mark, have it looked at.
    Excellent advice about the mis-fire, claude clay.

I have the 380 and have had zero FTF so far but only have about 200 rounds through mine. I need to get about another 150-200 through it. I am still in the run 50 through it and do a quick field strip and clean. Then at home a good clean and oil.

Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post

Well not to sure why it happen all I can said is it was in the middle it was a hollow point and the fire pin hit the did hit the end and it was dented but never fire so I just throw it in the bucket.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    FWIW, I THINK there is a few threads regarding light primer strikes on these pistols. Google it and see what you find.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddle View Post
    FWIW, I THINK there is a few threads regarding light primer strikes on these pistols. Google it and see what you find.
    Oh ok I will do.

Well here is my target most of all my shots was in the kill zone let just put it that was lol. I know there all over the place but it's my first pistol and my first time really shooting that many rounds at one time. I'm going to practice as most as I can afford lol.

Here it is I forgot to add it to last post.
    Attached Images

Well here it is I forgot to add it to my last post.
    Attached Images

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    chief reason for stringing ( high to low) is shooting at different times as you breath. try squeezing the shot at the very top of your breath or the very bottom; both times your body is naturally at rest.
    as for the left to right--try to maintain contact with the pad of your finger and the trigger as the trigger resets between shots.. than adjust your finger on the trigger in the direction you want the bullets to go.
    fun comes with practice....have at it

there is more to say but the important is how you start, than work with the details.
    good luck.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links