Put my CZ RAMI BD through a lot yesterday

This is a discussion on Put my CZ RAMI BD through a lot yesterday within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Finally met up with my oldest friend, a former FBI Academy firearms instructor (and special agent) at an outdoor range near Fredericksburg on Saturday (6/11/11). ...

Finally met up with my oldest friend, a former FBI Academy firearms instructor (and special agent) at an outdoor range near Fredericksburg on Saturday (6/11/11). Put about 400 rounds through the RAMI, all types of ammo, including my WalMart crappy ammo, FBI bonded high-grain hollowpoints, golden sabre hollow points, FBI FMJ training rounds, +P+ hollow points, and other miscellaneous rounds he had collected over the past year for range time. A grand total of one FTF, misfeed on the first round in a magazine shortly after we started, and I likely did a bad/short slide rack. Not a single issue afterwards, and the gun was filthy by the end, and hot.

He really liked shooting it, and from his point of view, can be deemed fully reliable (now has about 700 rounds through it) as a CCW. Also shot a few hundred rounds of widely different types/weights of rounds through my Sig229, and not suprisingly, no issues. I do enjoy shooting my RAMI more though. He also confirmed that my Sig night sights are misadjusted as the pistol consistently shoots 4-6" low at 10 yards. So, need taller rear sights, which I'll order and he'll swap-out.

Lastly, put 50 rounds through his MP5, 10mm, though in single-shot mode. Fantastic day, until I had to clean both pistols!

VIP Member
    CZ build high quality weapons. I've never had any problems with any of the ones I own.

As for shooting what you said were +P+ rounds, I would avoid them completely. First off no manufacture will warranty their product if you are shooting rounds listed as +P+. There are no standards for +P+, so you have no idea of how it was loaded. Anything over SAAMI ratings of +P and you stand the chance of over pressurization and catastrophic failure.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Thanks, my friend wanted to try the RAMI on the +P+ rounds and given his vast experience shooting and reloading, I'm positive it was safe for me and the pistol. That stated, he also said I should not shoot them anymore so I'll stick to the 146gr bonded hollow point (federal law enforcement) ammunition he gave me for SD, or the 146gr golden saber rounds I already have.

Thanks for sharing this with us. While I don't own or have never fired a CZ product. I keep hearing positive experiences with them and look forward to shooting and possibly adding one to my collection in the near future.
    "Get rid of that chrome plated sissy pistol and get yourself a GLOCK"

Well, color me jealous. Have looked at Rami's off and on for a few years now and it's on my "Want This!" list (why, oh why are there so many damn guns to choose from out there?).

Nice choice on the BD model. I have heard nothing but good about CZ guns (they also own Dan Wesson) and the only time I hear of someone getting rid of one is because they needed to trade it in on something else they wanted (a .45 or something smaller, lighter, etc.). And then most of them regret it later.

Here's something that may interest you....

RAMI

Enjoy the new toy my friend, enjoy.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    "If you wish for peace, prepare for war"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBaddaBoom View Post
    Well, color me jealous. Have looked at Rami's off and on for a few years now and it's on my "Want This!" list (why, oh why are there so many damn guns to choose from out there?).

Nice choice on the BD model. I have heard nothing but good about CZ guns (they also own Dan Wesson) and the only time I hear of someone getting rid of one is because they needed to trade it in on something else they wanted (a .45 or something smaller, lighter, etc.). And then most of them regret it later.

Here's something that may interest you....

RAMI

Enjoy the new toy my friend, enjoy.
    While Omega makes some really nice grips, I prefer those by Dennis Marschalko.

Marschalgrips.com
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    CZ builds great firearms. A PO=1 will be the next this family buys.

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    Makes me want a BD to add to my RAMI and RAMI P even more!

My BD will get Marschal grips like these.

Your Rami will handle a lot of +P+ before you ever have an issue, if you ever did.

You guys are making miss my CZ P-01. Oh well, I"ll get another one someday. If you haven't tried a CZ out do so.

Links