Sig p229

Sig p229

This is a discussion on Sig p229 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ever since I shot a Sig p229 at my local gunshop, I knew I'd eventually have to have one. I thought my new p239 would ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig p229

Sig p229

Ever since I shot a Sig p229 at my local gunshop, I knew I'd eventually have to have one. I thought my new p239 would delay my yearning for a while, but not so. I've been keeping an eye out for a deal and just happened on one in San Antonio a couple of days ago. It's well used, about 95% or so, but I couldn't pass it up for the price.....$475 with two magazines! I went to the range yesterday and it shoots EXTEREMELY WELL!! So I guess, it was a good deal after all. Now, as always, I have the task of deciding on holsters. Oh well, that's half the fun, isn't it!![ATTACH=CONFIG]51077
    Attached Images
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

PS: I forgot to mention it has Night Sites and Hogue Grips!
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

That is a great deal. I would have had no problems buying that. What caliber is it?

357 Sig and like I said in original post.....it shoots REAL, REAL GOOD!

Congrats!!!

Having been a 1911 guy for a longtime, I always wanted a Sig as well. I too snagged a P229 in .357Sig and it's been my fav ever since I bought it!!

Just got her back from the Sig Custom shop last month having the SRT trigger installed as sell as the enhancement package. Didn't think I could love my 229 more, but I was wrong since I've shot with the new trigger.

Have fun and enjoy that 229!!
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

Quote Originally Posted by Fastball View Post
    Congrats!!!

Having been a 1911 guy for a longtime, I always wanted a Sig as well. I too snagged a P229 in .357Sig and it's been my fav ever since I bought it!!

Just got her back from the Sig Custom shop last month having the SRT trigger installed as sell as the enhancement package. Didn't think I could love my 229 more, but I was wrong since I've shot with the new trigger.

Have fun and enjoy that 229!!
    I just sent my 239 off to Teddy Jacobson(Actions by T) to let him work it over.....if it comes back as good as every one tells me it will, I'll probably send the 229, as well!

I've been carrying a 229 in 9mm on duty for a few years now and I'll tell you that it is very nice shooting piece. I love my 229 but I do carry the 220 edc. When you said that your 229 in 357 shoots well, my first reaction was, well, it is a Sig. What did you expect? Their reputation for durability, reliability is well deserved. Congrats on your new piece and there's no doubt that it'll serve you well for a long time.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TXOutfitter View Post
    357 Sig and like I said in original post.....it shoots REAL, REAL GOOD!
    Did you expect something different? I rotate between a P229 and a P239 both in 357Sig as my EDC. You have officially gotten the Signess.

[QUOTE=21bubba;1954349]Did you expect something different? I rotate between a P229 and a P239 both in 357Sig as my EDC. You have officially gotten the Signess.[/What Holsters are you carrying them in?

Yea, I think I've got it! What Holsters are you carrying yours in?

Don't know how that post got so messed up...... I'm kind of out of pocket today, guess my iPad didn't have a good signal! Anyway, my intention was to ask 21bubba what Holsters he's carrying his Sigs in?

I have a Kramer MSP. Excellent rig for an excellent gun. Might get an Alessi PSS or CQC-S for it as well. I also have a Serpa, but have found that I hate Kydex. My 229 is the E2 model chambered for 40. Whatever you get, make it worthy of the gun. Well done in you selection. I too wanted my 229 in 357 SIG, but the dealer only had 9mm and 40. However, I did just pick up an M&P in 357 SIG. The ammo is a bit spendy, and can be hard to find, but the performance is worth it. Should you decide to ante up and get an "order" holster, I promise: it is well worth the money and the wait. Get a store bought holster to get you by until the order holster shows up. You will be very glad that you did.

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    I have a Kramer MSP. Excellent rig for an excellent gun. Might get an Alessi PSS or CQC-S for it as well. I also have a Serpa, but have found that I hate Kydex. My 229 is the E2 model chambered for 40. Whatever you get, make it worthy of the gun. Well done in you selection. I too wanted my 229 in 357 SIG, but the dealer only had 9mm and 40. However, I did just pick up an M&P in 357 SIG. The ammo is a bit spendy, and can be hard to find, but the performance is worth it. Should you decide to ante up and get an "order" holster, I promise: it is well worth the money and the wait. Get a store bought holster to get you by until the order holster shows up. You will be very glad that you did.
    I know what you mean about "ante up" for good Holsters.....all mine are high end! I have several Alessi Holsters, High Noon Slide Guards and Public Secrets, Milt Sparks Summer Specials and an Andrews Leather McDaniels ll and H.B.E. Slim Pro on order! You're right, they're worth the wait and you get what you pay for. My main concern here is due to not carrying anything as heavy as the p229 before now! I'm hoping for more good suggestions on Holsters that will handle this pistol well both OWB and IWB......thanks!

For OWB I would run the Kramer MSP (which I do), or an Alessi CQC-S. For IWB, I dunno. That pistol is pretty darn thick. I have two Alessi Talon Plus holsters, one for my Beretta 380, and one for my S&W 60 j-frame. Just now ordered a third for my M&P, since Brownells stocks them. But I will order an Alessi CQC-S for the Smith and probably a PCC for the SIG. In my opinion, the name of the game for a full size pistol is a good belt. I run AG Gunleather belts. Pretty good stuff. You will need a good one to hang that full size rig properly. With a good belt and holster, you will not be bothered a bit by the weight. I'm not. I like to carry my 229. But as far as IWB, well, that pistol is thick enough that I prefer not to. But that's just me. Could be if I had the patience to wait half a year for an Executive Companion, it would be just fine. You sound like you know good holsters, so I would say all I can tell you is not to be worried about weight, so long as you have a good rig.

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    I stopped a robbery with my Sig 229 in 357Sig. It is a very dependable piece. Now my son carries one. I love the caliber, when you see the need for speed :-)

TXO; congrats on your new family member!!!!
    You could also look into getting a .40S&W barrel for her and then you have twice the calibers to shoot with....
    The P229 is a smooth handgun!

Lateck,
    Proud Ruger & SIG owner, in the Free State of Arizona

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links