Glock 30/29 The most versatile large caliber semi autos out there

This is a discussion on Glock 30/29 The most versatile large caliber semi autos out there within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Lots of people don't like the glock or the thickness or the grip angle but what platform is more robust and versatile? In concealed configuration ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By azchevy

Thread: Glock 30/29 The most versatile large caliber semi autos out there

Lots of people don't like the glock or the thickness or the grip angle but what platform is more robust and versatile?

In concealed configuration I carry my G29SF 10mm with 10+1. I Either carry factory G20 15 round backup magazines or 20 round arrendondo extension magazines. With sleeves or without. the G30 will accept the 9 round standard, 13 round G21, arrendondo 17 round extension magazines, SGM Tactical 27 rounders, or Kriss super 30 round magazines.

IMG_1029.jpgIMG_1704.jpgIMG_1951.jpgIMG_1954.jpgIMG_1955.jpg

I can also change the G29 over to .357 sig, 40 S&W or 9X25 with a simple barrel drop in. The G30 can be converted to 10mm or .400 corbon.

It also tucks away quite nicely aiwb.... with hicaps and without

IMG_1032 (Large).jpg

Anyone looking for a large caliber weapon should seriously consider the versatility of the G29 with four caliber choices of 10mm, .357 sif, 40 S&W and 9x25 dillon and multiple capacity configurations of 10/15/20 or the G30 with three caliber choices of .45ACp, 10mm, or .400 corbon and multiple capacity configurations 9/13/17/27/30.

Two very versatile platforms. Nothing like carrying 10+1 of 10mm with a 15 or 20 round backup mag in your back pocket or on your belt.
    Dragman likes this.

Nice, but I'll keep my G36 for now :D

HTC Thunderbolt....4G Lightning Speed

When I was looking for a Glock for CC, I looked at these and the 36. I really wanted the 380, and wished they imported it, but no. I picked the 30 for the reasons you list, the magazines, and it's small enough to CC. IMHO, it's one of the best .45's out there, and easy to maintain as well. Glocks are highly customizable, as well.

I have the extended slide release, the extended take down grips, the flashlight/laser combo, trijicon night sights, and 3 extra mags, holding up to 13 rounds. Awesome firepower, awesome CC.

I agree. The 10mm is the most versatile cartridge out there in an auto pistol. However, mine is considered for me a special purpose gun. For edc, I much prefer the thinner " and cheaper to feed" g26/19/17 series, or the g23 as the "compromise".
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    10MM is the ticket!!! I would like to see an argument on what could be better in a compact semi!!! long live the real 40 cal.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Quote Originally Posted by Dragman View Post
    10MM is the ticket!!! I would like to see an argument on what could be better in a compact semi!!! long live the real 40 cal.
    the 10mm is the most energetic by far of all the auto cartridges commonly carried. But to say it's better, is leaving alot on the table. While it's my favorite " go to auto cartridge" for some uses, I could not say it's better than anything else, especially for DC. And I have used and been a fan of this cartridge since it's inception.

The needs, desires, and missions for personal use always dictate which is better, although I totally understand the enthusiasm.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

My G36 is just right!!!
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Again, we are talking versatility... can you change calibers? Do you have multiple magazine size configurations? I can say my XXXX is just right all day long but what makes it versatile? Can you change carry capacity dependent upon situation? Can you change caliber with a drop in barrel? That is the point of the thread not my XXXX is great!

Correct. See post 5, in which I was responding. However, even though it is versatile in many ways, the frame size doesn't change

I just got my G30 and have only put one mag through it, but I started carrying it this week. I usually put at least 200 rounds through one before carry, but Dragman put a few through it before me. It is ok, a little bulky for carry, and it shoots fine (and it is not an SF model). Once I get a little more trigger time behind it, I'd be interested in getting higher capacity mags and grip boots...maybe even a 10mm barrel.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

RKM
    I've been thinking about a conversion barrel and mag for my G30 to shoot 10mm. The only problem is, once I go 10mm, I probably won't go back to .45 :) I'd rather just buy a G20 or G29.

VIP Member
    This was a great selling point a few years ago, but all of the major polymers and mix and match barrels and magazine capacity.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

hard to go wrong with a G30

versatility is a good option.

The 40 cal. versions of the Glock, the 27/23/22, can also take drop in barrel exchanges for 9mm and .357 Sig.

I was shopping for a 36 or 30SF, but I found a good deal on the 23; the rest is history.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Which SD rounds do you suggest for 10mm? My husband carries Double Tap rounds, but I am interested in knowing if there is better option out there.

I prefer the buffalo bore 180gr jhp.

Links