Field strip Bodyguard .380??

This is a discussion on Field strip Bodyguard .380?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For the life of me I can't get the pin out. I have watched several Youtube vids and cannot figure it out. Once you lock ...

Thread: Field strip Bodyguard .380??

For the life of me I can't get the pin out. I have watched several Youtube vids and cannot figure it out. Once you lock the slide back, does the pin lock in the downward position and then you pull it out or is it a constant motion...swing down and pull out. I've ripped nails off trying to remove this thing...

Thanks in advance.

No, you lock the slide back and then rotate the pin clockwise to the 6 o'clock position (you may want to use the rounded baseplate end of an EMPTY magazine to push it) then you take a small flat blade screw driver and GENTLY lever the pin up and out and put is someplace you will be able to find it later. Be careful when you reinstall it later to do the reverse...

Once you have done it a time or two it is really prtty easy and you may not need the screw driver to lever it out. When you put it back, make sure is snaps snugly in place.

You may find it interesting to check out the BG380 forum:
    http://www.bodyguard380.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=4

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorBob View Post
    No, you lock the slide back and then rotate the pin clockwise to the 6 o'clock position (you may want to use the rounded baseplate end of an EMPTY magazine to push it) then you take a small flat blade screw driver and GENTLY lever the pin up and out and put is someplace you will be able to find it later. Be careful when you reinstall it later to do the reverse...
    What he says I used a butter knife to get it out.

I have found that puttin some rounds through helps break it in a little and makes it easier to rotate it with just your fingers. But for me, rotating it closer to 9 oclock makes it much easier to pull the pin out. Try that out.

Thanks. I will definitely have to use something to get mine in a 6 o'clock position. It stops at about 4 o'clock and doesn't seem to wanna go any further. I will check out that forum as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BG380 View Post
    Thanks. I will definitely have to use something to get mine in a 6 o'clock position. It stops at about 4 o'clock and doesn't seem to wanna go any further. I will check out that forum as well.
    mine done the same thing when i first got it new, it would NOT go to 6o'clock it stopped at 4 so i took somthin and pushed it down and after the first time i can do it by hand now!! but like they said take and use somthin to get it down the first time and then after that it should be easier and BANE311 yes ive found mine comes right out at 9o'clock real easy too!! hope this helps
    glock 26- crossbreed ST
    SA micro compact 1911-crossbreed ST
    S&W m&p 9 crossbreed ST
    S&W bodygaurd 380
    S&W M&P15-eotech

i have to rotate my takedown lever to the 9 o'clock position before it pops out. once it hits 6 o'clock the slide releases unless i leave the magazine in though.

Quote Originally Posted by slacking View Post
    i have to rotate my takedown lever to the 9 o'clock position before it pops out. once it hits 6 o'clock the slide releases unless i leave the magazine in though.
    I have that same problem. The internals of the slide release seems to get bumped by the retention spring for the take down. Took a little practice of holding the slide to get around it as the mag didnt seem to help me much. Doesnt affect firing though oh well.

I think when they fixed the takedown problem they just made it really tight. Slide a screwdriver or knife under there and it will pop out.

Links