Kahr's cm9, any new reports?

This is a discussion on Kahr's cm9, any new reports? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; haven't seen anything new on Kahr's cm9 lately,any new owners or range reports? haven't even seen them at the local gun shops to handle one.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Kahr's cm9, any new reports?

haven't seen anything new on Kahr's cm9 lately,any new owners or range reports? haven't even seen them at the local gun shops to handle one..

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Quite a few here: KahrTalk Home

Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    haven't seen anything new on Kahr's cm9 lately,any new owners or range reports? haven't even seen them at the local gun shops to handle one..
    Greetings,

I received a PM from another member a few days back asking about accuracy of my CW45. I have both a CW45 and a CM9, but was away from home and did not have the CW45 with me. I did get to a range with my CM9 and sent him an informal range report. In the interest of saving time, I'll paste it here for you:

"...I have an update for you. I made it to the range this afternoon with my CM9. I'm away from home at the moment, and don't have the CW45 with me, but I at least got to put some shots on paper with the CM9.

I shot a total of three groups at 25 yards - 3, 4, and 7 shots. The 3 and 4 shot groups were both under 2", and the 7-shot group was right at 4". I should mention that I did NOT feel like I was shooting very well - irritated eyes, and poorly adjusted and sweaty bifocals were giving me fits. I was actually pretty surprised to see the groups come in so tight under the circumstances.

Given that the CW45 has a 2/3" longer barrel, and I believe the .45 is an inherently more accurate round than the 9mm, I have little doubt that the CW45 could beat those groups easily. FWIW..."

Hope you find this useful...

Regards,
    Jim

crue ... Just today I got an e-mail from Hinterland Outfitters that they have them back in stock ...

Kahr CM Series Pistol CM9093 9mm For Sale

I think if I hold tight a little longer I can do better, pricewise, but this is the first place which has restocked and replied to my "wish-list".

I held one at my local store tonight. Felt solid and trigger was real nice. Hit the mag release and had to tug the magazine out. Maybe in timeit would loosen up, but for $450 I feel it should release cleanly like any other pistol I have tried. I put it back and walked away. I'm sure it shoots great but it just felt overly tight and gritty andthe magazine catching really killed it for me. I wanted to buy it....I really did.

Cdknox ... perhaps this will sway you?

How to get a clean mag drop on CM9/PM9 - KahrTalk Forums

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    one member on Tennessee Gun Owners(TGO) has already had to send his back to Kahr due to FTF issues I believe. I don't think he has gotten it back yet because he said he would update us.

I am very interested in the CM9 but I think I'm going to wait a little while to see how reliable they are.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnInFla View Post
    Cdknox ... perhaps this will sway you?

How to get a clean mag drop on CM9/PM9 - KahrTalk Forums
    Makes me feel even better about walking away. Spending that kind of money and having to pinch your mags in a vice is just crazy. Maybe some people are ok with it, I'm not however.

I don't worry about getting a clean mag drop with my PM9...if it stops going "bang" for any reason, I have a "NY reload" LCP to fall back on.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

The pistol comes new quite tight. It may feel "gritty." It loosens up with time. You can help that process by racking it a whole lot while unloaded really quickly.

I bought a CM9 a couple of weeks ago. So far I have 136 rounds with no issues. I really like it. Trigger feels really great. Recoil spring is loosening up nicely. The slide lock is such a great thing to have. Feels great in the hand, too.

The magazine is loosening up as well, although yes, it does not drop cleanly. That is apparently by design. I wish I didn't have to push up on the magazine to get it to release while the slide is locked back, though. On my XD, I do have to push up on the magazine to get it to release - unless the slide is locked back. Then it'll drop cleanly with no issues. The CM9 isn't quite like that.

But everything else is so great, I don't think I really mind. It really feels of quality, too. IMHO anyway.

New Kahr CM9

I just got back from breaking in my new Kahr CM9 that I purchased for $379 plus $20 shipping. I love it. I ran my 200 rounds recommended for breaking it in and had narry a hickup. I wasn't sure how I would like it because I messed around with it for several days before getting any range time and I discovered a few quirks.
    1. The magazine is very light and the first few times I depressed the mag release it didn't drop. This is solved be depressing the release all the way and holding it. I also discovered that when the slide is locked back the mag drops ot freely when the release is pressed. In fact if the magazine is loaded into the weapon with the slide locked back it will even shake a little but will not fall out. When the slide lock is released and the slide racks home the mag is snug.
    2. The magazine, being very light for obvious reasons, is very thin and the spring is very tight. Loading the 5th and 6th rounds can be difficult, and the thin metal feels very sharp on your thumb. Having a mag loader for this manufacturer would be a big help, however this problem is forgotten after you shoot this jewel.
    3. Breakdown was difficult the first time and the instruction book is faulty. I found a video on you-tube that helped and once I figured it out there were no problems.
    4 She came out of the box very tight but the recommended break-in time helped tremendously.
    Now to the shooting. I set up a paper target at 15 and 25 yards and wanted to get an idea of where she would put me. The first magazine at 15 yards using a table as a rest, I had 4 rounds that were about 3 inches high, dead center and could be covered with a silver dollar. The other 2 rounds were lower to the left.
    The second magazine at 25 yards gave me about a 7 inch group slightly high and to the left. I had anticipated this because of the long trigger pull. The trigger pull is very long but impressively smooth and consistent. I compared it to a hammerless snubby and the difference is night and day. The Kahr trigger is smooth as silk and truly one of their trademarks..
    I also set up some steel targets at about 10 yards, and rang them continuously. I shot her single handed on my strong and weak side, and was very impressed.
    Considering my eyesight is not the best I felt that for a subcompact this little baby will do the trick. The sights are very comfortable for quick target acquisition, and the recoil is more than manageable.
    I purchased this weapon as a pocket protector after reviewing all the primary subcompacts on the market and I believe I made the best choice.
    If you want a very nice subcompact in 9mm that shoots very well I believe you will like it. (of course there are a number of comparison videos on you-tube done by professionals so check them out as well)
    TN_Mike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdknox View Post
    I held one at my local store tonight. Felt solid and trigger was real nice. Hit the mag release and had to tug the magazine out. Maybe in timeit would loosen up, but for $450 I feel it should release cleanly like any other pistol I have tried. I put it back and walked away. I'm sure it shoots great but it just felt overly tight and gritty andthe magazine catching really killed it for me. I wanted to buy it....I really did.
    all the tightness and grittiness disappears after the break in. The slide release/stop is almost impossible to work until the pistol is broken in as well. When I first got my CM9 back in April, I racked the slide over 1000 times before I took it to the range, and worked the slide release another gazillion times. I knew what to expect from my little Kahr as I have spoken to a lot of folks that have them, so I had no surprises.

At the range, the CM9 was pure pleasure to shoot, and very accurate at 10 yards. Its a cool little pistol and worthy of anyones consideration that is looking for a gun in this size/caliber range. I carry mine in a cheap little pocket holster in my pants pocket.

Buds Gun Shop always has CM9's in at $410, and Davidson's has them for around the same price.
    If you do much research on the internet, the CM9 has been rated THE pocket 9mm to buy over the competition. Very good reviews. I have to agree.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    I have carried my cm9 for around 8 months ,maybe be a bit more. I have run the first 500 rounds before carry'n it and was completely trouble free now up to about 1oo rounds and still have no issues at all. For me there is no break in. I do with any firearm is to take it apart. clean lub and then go to the range. Brakein ammo is georgia arms 115gr fmj and some bought on sale stuff mixed in . Carry ammo is hornady CD but i have sence fired about 125 rounds of georgia arms 124gr+P loads and may change to it when I shoot up the last of my CD stuff at the end of the year. GA use the speer GD bullets in there defnce loads. I also have a used cw9 that started all this. Also been a 100% pistol. It gets some carry time in a IWB but the cm9 is all pocket carry.

You guys should practice point shooting or instinctive shooting at closer ranges. See how t works for you. 2" groups at 25 yards is great but it does take extra time and concentration to do that and at closer ranges point shooting allows you to just look at the target with head up and both eyes searching and not useing the sites .

I picked one up about 3 weeks ago for 420.00. I wanted something smaller then my G26 for pocket carry and something bigger then my LCP. The CM9 is a perfect size just in the middle. I took it to the range and put 250 rounds through it. Not a single problem of any kinda. It is very tight at first, I took in apart and cleaned it before shooting the first round. I also racked the slide until my hands hurt. It did loosen up a bit after shooting. I do love my G26, but this is quickly becoming my favorite pistol and soon will be my EDC. I do feel a little guilty for cheating on my G26 though. I would recommend the CM9 with no problem.

VIP Member
    I have one and it's dead nuts accurate and very reliable. This has proven it's self and is not part of my EDC.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links