G27 Conversion

G27 Conversion

This is a discussion on G27 Conversion within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yesterday while I was at the range. I inquired about conversion barrels for my Glock 27. I was under the impression a G27 could be ...

Thread: G27 Conversion

Question G27 Conversion

Yesterday while I was at the range. I inquired about conversion barrels for my Glock 27. I was under the impression a G27 could be converted into a .357 sig or a 9mm. At the range they confirmed that I could swap to a .357 Sig with a barrel, and they also recommended a Mag swap. They could not confirm nor deny the 9mm conversion. I would like to know if the 9mm is a conversion for the G27 or not. Im not really looking to "downgrade" to a 9mm, just curious if i CAN do it or not...

SS
    Last edited by floridaguy911; July 30th, 2006 at 07:22 PM.
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member
    Unified Sportsmen of Florida Member

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by floridaguy911
    Yesterday while I was at the range. I inquired about conversion barrels for my Glock 27. I was under the impression a G26 could be converted into a .357 sig or a 9mm. At the range they confirmed that I could swap to a .357 Sig with a barrel, and they also recommended a Mag swap. They could not confirm nor deny the 9mm conversion. I would like to know if the 9mm is a conversion for the G27 or not. Im not really looking to "downgrade" to a 9mm, just curious if i CAN do it or not...

SS
    The conversion to 357SIG is just a barrel swap. No mag change is necessary. I am not familiar with converting the G27 to 9mm. I know for certain you would need to swap mags. Not sure if the external dimensions of the G26 barrel are compatible with the G27 slide and frame. You may have to buy a special conversion barrel for that.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

yes...Ive gotta 9mm conversion barrel for my G27....and several G26 9mm mags...works great.
    Brad B.

Links