My 1st GLOCK. My 1st Semi-auto. Pics included.

This is a discussion on My 1st GLOCK. My 1st Semi-auto. Pics included. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I just picked up my Glock this past Wednesday and finally got around to registering and posting some pictures of my new baby. Haven't ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My 1st GLOCK. My 1st Semi-auto. Pics included.

Well, I just picked up my Glock this past Wednesday and finally got around to registering and posting some pictures of my new baby.

Haven't had the chance to fire it yet. Hoping I can bribe the wife to let me slip away for a couple hours on fathers day. ;)

She's a 19. =)

I'm fairly new to handguns altogether purchasing my first one EVER earlier this year, so I'm still learning the in's and out's of this new weapon, any tips and/or suggestions are very welcome.

Seems there's a lot that can be learned from these forums, glad to be aboard.

And, as strange as this may sound, I'm finding more often that I'm using bathroom breaks between household chores to sneak away and stare at the GLOCK. Looks like 'perfection' to me. :)
    3rdGen.Glock19.TaloEdition
    Glock.Factory.NS
    Remora.#10.RFT.SS
    16.GDJHP.124g.+P
    24/7

heh, I know what the "stare" part is all about! I still do that! Just make sure to keep your finger off that trigger and keep it pointed in a safe direction

Congrats. I like that EXO coating.

Go slow, take the time to learn the fundamentals with respect to sight alignment, trigger control, etc. You'll probably have some frustration and ego bruising at the range, but keep at it - you'll get better. You'll start enjoying it even more then.

But again, as a new owner, you have to make sure to drill those gun safety rules into your head. Otherwise, you might find your finger sneaking into the trigger guard by itself. Happens to many new handgun owners, but you have to fight that. Eventually, the rules will become much more automatic, although you can never afford to be apathetic.

Good luck, and congrats.

VIP Member
    First, Welcome to the forum!!! Now, Congrats on your first semi-auto and your first Glock. The G19 is one of the best all around 9mm handguns available today. IMO... Great combination of size and capacity. Hope you get to shoot it this weekend...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Joined the forum, got a new gun. You're doing great! Welcome and nice gun.
    " The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissenger

Cool

Welcome to the forum. Learn as much as you can about safe firearms handling and try and get some professional training.

The G-19 was my first Glock in 1994 and I still have her.

photo.jpg Old # 1. The slide has been refinished and new trigger, recoil and firing pin spring replaced this year. Completely reliable with any ammo.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Congrats!

My first semi-auto was a Glock also (a 21). Man, it felt HUGE at first, but after awhile, it just felt right.

And it always goes "bang"

Congrats on the glock. I dig the exo finish. G19 was my first as well. Bought her 7 years ago and has treated me well. Really simple take down and performs great. You will not regret getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by 3G19eXo View Post
    ....Hoping I can bribe the wife to let me slip away for a couple hours on fathers day. ;)

She's a 19....
    If your wife is a 19, why would you want to slip away????

Congrats, and let us know what you think after some trigger time. I've had handguns for 25 years and just got my first Glock a couple weeks ago, a G30. I've put 1 mag through mine, but haven't had time to really get a good feel for it yet. Be vigilant about safe gun handling...especially when "staring" at it. My advice is keep it in a good holster with proper retention at all times unless you're shooting it at the range or cleaning it. The less handling the better. If you want to handle it to get familiar with it, triple check and clear and stick your finger in the bore to make sure it is unloaded. You can never be too safe.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Welcome and congrats. You picked a nice, dependable pistol. Be smart, be safe and enjoy!
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

Welcome & Congratulations! Great choice for first pistol.....can't go wrong with Glock 19.......Good Luck & Good Shootin!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    congrats on a fine choice. you did good!
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Congrats on your new (the perfect 9mm) Glock-19.
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member
    Pretty! Now you can take your relationship to the next level: Break it down, lube it, put it back together, fire it, holster it.

GM
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on the G-19. It looks very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Learn as much as you can about safe firearms handling and try and get some professional training.

The G-19 was my first Glock in 1994 and I still have her.

photo.jpg

Old # 1. The slide has been refinished and new trigger, recoil and firing pin spring replaced this year. Completely reliable with any ammo.
    Did you polish the rounds??? The are mirror shiny
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Welcome to the forum and congrats on making the perfect first choice in semi-auto handguns. I love my GLOCK 19 and I'm sure you'll love yours also. Like others have said be extra careful handling it. Remember that for all the safeties built into the GLOCK pistol the most improtant and useful safety is between your ears.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links