Good Price?

Good Price?

This is a discussion on Good Price? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Been looking at a pair of CZ 75's one full size one compact guy wants to sell the pair. I handled them and really liked ...

Thread: Good Price?

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar

Good Price?

Been looking at a pair of CZ 75's one full size one compact guy wants to sell the pair. I handled them and really liked them! and they have nite sights to boot. Don't need another 9MM, but might get them. Being that I have next to no exsperience with the CZ's what is the word on them?? he wants $800 for them both
    Last edited by Dragman; June 18th, 2011 at 03:48 PM.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

VIP Member
    They are great as in good.

Great guns. I think $700 would be more in line with what I have paid for used CZs.

Quote Originally Posted by ranburr View Post
    Great guns. I think $700 would be more in line with what I have paid for used CZs.
    I agree, $800 seems a little high.

CZ75s are great guns... designed as service pistols so they're pretty rugged, and they have a reputation for good accuracy. The 75B has a manual safety and it can be carried cocked and locked, or if the hammer is down the first shot can be fired DA. The D model has a decocker instead of a manual safety, so it's a conventional DA (followup shots SA).

What some people find a little disconcerting is that the slide is narrower with less 'purchase' so it takes a little experience to grab it to charge the gun or clear a round. The slide is narrow since it runs in frame rails on the inside of the frame and outside of the slide, the opposite of most other guns on the market. This design owes its heritage to the Sig P210 which is legendary for its accuracy.

I got my 75B 2 summers ago at a blowout sale at the local shop/indoor range, out the door for $485 including 8% sales tax. The cheapest I've seen recently on GunBroker is over $500 plus shipping for NIB with standard sights. If the guns are clean, I'd say $800 for the pair is a fair price for both parties.

BTW, there are a lot of older CZs on the used gun markets that are sold as "police" CZ75s. Buyers need to be cautious, as those guns (depending on age) use a different magazine than the current models, and the old mags are scarce and expensive.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    I think the price is far, but I want them for $750 I think I may hold out to see if he will bite.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

VIP Member
    $700-750, depending on condition. As already mentioned, CZ builds a quality product, with some of the best ergonomics in the industry. Tough and accurate. One of the best kept secrets in the firearms world.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Defnitely a best kept secret they are great handling and shooting guns. Get them I am sure you will like them
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    its a fair price, try to get him under 750, if hes serious he'll bite
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Had the compact and loved it. Sold it and I have regretted it daily. They will only increase in value. If you like tight groups and a gun that will NEVER fail you, get the CZ.

Sponsored Links