Please help me pick

Please help me pick

This is a discussion on Please help me pick within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have the chance to buy a Kahr PM9 with Crimson Trace or a Kahr P9 with night sights for the same price. Which would ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please help me pick

I have the chance to buy a Kahr PM9 with Crimson Trace or a Kahr P9 with night sights for the same price. Which would you pick? Mostly CCW with occasional range time.

How do you plan on carrying it?
    If you want to pocket carry at all I'd get the PM9. If you want it for IWB I'd suggest P9.

I always carry IWB. I was just wondering if the size difference makes that much of a difference. I also saw the Keltec PF9 and was tempted due to the price, but my not quite sold on reliability..

The P9 no question. The CT is great in a very limited amount of uses, but that P9 is one of the best feeling single stack 9mm on the market.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

When is the worst time for a tool to fail? When you're betting your life on it.

Go with night sights. Lasers are great but too easy to rely only on them and not be able to transition smoothly to iron sights when the laser fails.

Murphy waits.....

P9 with night sights.

Thanks guys! A buddy of mine is trying to convince me just to get the Keltec PF9. Is it really worth the price difference? I mean those things can be picked up for very low prices...

I heard alot of good reviews on the PF9 so I bought one, because like you said, the price is pretty enticing. Pretty sure it was a lemon and I'm not saying all keltecs are bad but after my first experience with them I cant say there will be a second.

The magazine ejected itself just about every other round when I first got it. I researched and called kel tec and thought the problem was the extended pinky piece, supposedly putting too much pressure on it can cause it to eject when it recoils. So I replaced it with the flush fitting one (both come with the gun) and tried it again, same issues. I thought it might be my trigger fingers slipping through during the recoil and hitting the mag release, so I tried it left handed, same issues. I sent it back to keltec, got it back 3 months later with like 18 parts replaced and a polished feed ramp. Shot the first mag and all was well, mag 2-same issues, on almost every round. After all that I couldn't trust it as a carry gun, and I won't buy another kel tec... I'd say go for one of the Kahrs. But if you get a PF9 you may have better luck than I did.

I'd forget about the CT and get the one with night sights.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I don't think I would feel comfortable with the quality of a PF9. I own a P11 and although it is reliable, the trigger is horrible.. I want something thin to replace my Glock 26 for summer ccw. I narrowed it down to Kahrs, or maybe the new Kimber or Sig 9mm.. But I'd rather wait until they are on shelves and tested..Used to own a PM9 and loved it, but the P9 looks like a good mix between a Glock 26 and the PM....

Kahr P9. Prettier version of the CW9 that I carry a lot. Easy to conceal with the right holster, accurate, and for a DAO a really good, predictable trigger.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Get the New LC9 before you get a PF9. LC9 is pretty easy to carry and conceal IWB with some forward cant on the holster IMO.

eb
    While I couldn't stand my LC9 and sold it fast, I would agree on that over the PF9 as well. I had zero reliability issues with the LC9, just hated the trigger pull. As for the Kahr's, well I'd go for a K9, lol. :) But between those two, I'd do the P9 as well due to my hand size and the size of the gun.

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    If you are young enough to still focus on the sights, get the P9. If you can't see the sights (like some of us), then get the PM9 with the CT laser.

Quote Originally Posted by lws380 View Post
    Get the New LC9 before you get a PF9. LC9 is pretty easy to carry and conceal IWB with some forward cant on the holster IMO.
    I agree with this. The LC9 is a good shooter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links