Glock 19 or steyr m40 a1

This is a discussion on Glock 19 or steyr m40 a1 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My boss ordered this gun for a guy back in 2008 and the guy backed out on the order. So my Boss offered to me. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Glock 19 or steyr m40 a1

Glock 19 or steyr m40 a1

My boss ordered this gun for a guy back in 2008 and the guy backed out on the order. So my Boss offered to me. But I dont have the cash, but could trade my glock 19 for it. I love the feel of this gun and have heard nothing but great reviews on it. It holds 12 rounds of 40 as opposed to my 15 rounds of 9mm. What do you guys think? Thanks

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I think that if you ever want to sell it, buy a part for it or upgrade it you would be losing out. I would not trade one of the most popular, most reliable, most versatile combat guns ever made for a gun out there on the fringe.

The Steyr is a quality gun but you can't find them in the US anymore and AFAIK they are not even being imported anymore. There is no aftermarket for them because they are rare. You'll have a hard time finding mags, holsters and any other common item for them. The Glock on the other hand functions nearly the same way and the after market is overflowing with Glock parts.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Honestly, I'd keep your Glock. The M40/M9 are pretty sweet, but I believe they are discontinued and may be hard to get parts for. On top of that, it's pretty hard to find holsters and other accessories for them.

why would you trade one of the most reliable handguns in the world,for something steyr has discontinued twice,now and in the late 90's?!!.

Cool

Can't do no better than the G-19 for reliability , quality and price.

This is Old # 1 purchased in 1994 and still going strong.

Refinished the slide and changed some springs this year.

Good to go with any ammo I feed her.

photo.jpg
    click to enlarge....
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Everyone is making sense. Getting rid of the 19 would be a mistake IMO. I'm going to shoot mine today after I function test the new mags that I got for my AR.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Keep the GLOCK!
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Agree with everyone else. Keep the Glock.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Administrator
    You'd be crazy to dump the 19.
    guardmt and joker1 like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

The 19 is easily one of the best all around combat/defense handguns in the world, for something that is marginal in the US. Keep the 19. Plus ammo is cheaper and modern 9mm is a great performer and will do you just as well as the .40. If you got the itch for something new splurge on a new holster.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I know little to nothing of the Steyr but I am getting very familiar with my Glocks 19 and 17 and would not be inclined to trade either of them away. Glock's a winner IMO.

It's all been said....KEEP THE GLOCK!!!! JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

I've never handled a Steyr but the sights see different. I just purchased a Gen 4 19 and love it. I would not trade!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Keep the glock.

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    I have traded and sold Glock 19's, and not regreted it one bit. Then again I have not had less than 2 19's in my stable of guns for a long time. problem comes when I end up with 3 or 4 at a time. hahaha.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links